Sunday, May 3, 2009

training May 3rd-9th (race week)

5/3- Easy 7 miler and this one really was easy. Time was 57:45 (8:15 pace). Felt like I was crawling early but felt some effort later on. I may make a slight tweak on my formula with regards to the chromium and the Serine but nothing major is necessary. Weight is 146, thought it was higher. Maybe I'll cut the chromium just a tad.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=7.5
5/4-Planned rest day. Only 5 days to go and probably only 2 very easy runs before race day.
5/5- 3 miles easy in 22:54 (7:38 pace). Very pleased with how I felt. This is a 3:20 marathon pace and felt nearly effortless. How long before I can hold this pace for 26.2? I will not try this time.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=3.5
5/6- traveled to Atlanta to catch a morning flight. No running
5/7- flew from Atlanta to Minneapolis then drove to Fargo from there. Easy 2.5 miler around North Dakota State Univ. campus. Pleased with how I felt but it was untimed.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=2.5
5/8- planned rest day. drove around the Fargo area a bit but there was not much to see.
5/9- Fargo marathon in 3:43:22, did not make my goal but still PR'd by 6 minutes.
Grade:B+/4 credits/distance=26.5
Weekly summary: Short of my goal but still a satisfying PR.
Distance=40/ Weekly GPA: 22.9/7= 3.271

No comments: