Monday, February 1, 2010

Rehab 2/1-2/7

2/1- Slight discomfort when walking for the first time in more than a week. Did my normal stretches and it felt about the same. It looks iffy that my next attempt to run will be successful. I am worried that my imbalances will impede my tendon and connective tissue healing. No running today. Tomorrow will be no more than 1 mile very easy.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0

2/2- Vestavia Mile. I ran this faster than I planned. Time was 6:43.9, which is about 90 seconds slower than my goal. The good news is that my Achilles held up during the run and the cool down. My groin was sore during the run but I know that's a symptom of low adrenaline levels, not an injury. Splits: 1:43-1:46-1:42-1:32. That's a new 2010 best for the Mile. I did have minimal pain just after I finished so it's too soon to declare myself healthy. I will continue my stretching exercises. The pace will be slower tomorrow. It will be a Trak Shak run but I am unsure of the distance. My dopamine is rising and that sure feels good.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=1.5

2/3- Trak Shak 4 in 30:32 (7:38 pace). I felt great in the first mile then it was downhill from there. 1st half @ 7:27, 2nd half @ 7:49. I felt my first trace of achilles pain around Mile 1.5 but it never got any worse. If I keep building gradually and keep doing my exercises, my achilles might be okay. The tarsal tunnel pain was a different story. It was much worse and I really don't have any explanation. This injury hasn't given me any serious trouble since early 2003. WTH? I will call my podiatrist in Monty tomorrow and hope to get an appointment ASAP. My orthotics are about a year old. We'll see what he says. I'm worried. If this doesn't go away, I will be relegated to being a recreational runner limited to 5Ks and 10Ks.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=4.0

2/4- Turn for the worse a few hours after the run. The achilles hurts nearly as much as it did when I first hurt it. I am out for a month or more. AAARG! I am getting desperate and will try some ultrasound treatments even if I have to pay through the nose. If I still can't run in a month, I will seriously consider prolotherapy. I am out of Mercedes and Atlanta looks questionable at best.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0

2/5-2/7- Disabled list. I need some type of antidepressant to counteract crashing dopamine levels and I'm going with Sam-e, which was effective in the past
Grade: Automatic F.
Weekly summary:
You already know how I feel. I'll post about the doctor's appointment but after that, this blog shuts down until further notice.
Distance=5.5/ GPA= 2.7/6= 0.45 (all time low)

I am going to Monty on Monday to see the podiatrist and we'll see about the prognosis.

No comments: