Monday, November 1, 2010

training 11/1-11/7

11/1- Vestavia Mile in 7:26.8. I could not go much faster even if I wanted to but the good news was that my knee held up. It felt about the same as Saturday when I ran a 1/4 mile and Sunday when I ran a 1/2. I could feel the pain and it was holding me back but it was relatively mild and did not worsen during the run. I have my prolo appointment tomorrow afternoon and will need a few days to recover from the injections but I am optimistic about my prognosis. Still no medical report yet and in that case, I am hoping for the worst. Next run will not be until Friday at the earliest. Not that this means anything but my first half was 3:49 and 2nd half was 3:37.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=1.0

11/2- Prolo appointment. Planned rest day.

11/3- Pain from the injection peaked around lunchtime and has started to die down. Running is still out of the question today. Maybe I can go super easy tomorrow. Medical report came in and I was hoping for the worst and got it. The problem was that the news was bad on 3 fronts, not just 1. Blood sugar is bad, which was not a shock. I'm not trending diabetic yet but I am in the hypoglycemic range. Thyroid and adrenals are in overdrive yet I get stiff and sluggish when I take Lithium almost as if I am hypo. The critical Na/K ratio, which I expected to be very high, is near normal. The doc has suggested that I switch to an herbal supplement to balance it out. This is my last hope to get in balance.

11/4- 2 miles. Just over 2 days after prolo, I could stand to run again. That's encouraging. My Garmin died after a half mile in 3:59 so figure that my time was around 16. Again, I could not go much faster but my knee held up okay. I'll try to do a little better tomorrow.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.0

11/5- 5K at tempo effort. Time was 22:32 with an even pace (7:17-7:10-7:14) + 50. 1st half was 11:15, 2nd half was 11:17. That's still a distressing 3+ minutes from a PR but MUCH better than my previous runs since the injury. I felt somewhat like myself and the new supplements should arrive by tomorrow.
Grade:C-/2 credits/distance=3.5

11/6- If healthy, I would have gone to Mobile for a shot at a sub-40 10K. As it is, I had to settle for a Veteran's Park 4 miler at EZ pace but not EZ effort. Time was 31:48 (7:57 pace). I wasn't putting out tempo effort but it felt harder than a normal run at this pace. An all out out effort would have been around 30 flat. This is the first time since the injury that I trained on hills and my knee held up well. The new supplements did not arrive today so I'll have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow will be longer and slower. Fair performance.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=4.0

11/7- Terrible performance. 5 hour energy will not work for me. Not a big surprise but I was curious how I would respond to it and really didn't expect it to be this bad. I'm stressed out. I don't know what to do if this new stuff doesn't work. It does contain ingredients that I could not tolerate in the past. The run was a half mile at Vestavia and I quit.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0.5

Weekly summary:
This is not good. Even out of shape, this does not feel right.
Distance=11.0/ GPA= 7.4/6= 1.23

No comments: