Monday, January 6, 2014

Training 1/6-1/12

1/6- AM-Thought about a morning run but chose to stay in bed.  The plan is a standard issue run today and I should handle it 2 days after the long run.  I hope to get a clear answer about continuing the Jigsaw.  I will also try C without Mag once this week just to see what happens.  Weather will be very cold the next 2 days so it's indoors until at least Wednesday.

PM- Fully recovered from the long run.  Easy 6 in 44:30 (7:25 pace).  Very strong.  Nearly perfect splits (22:14/22:16).  Actually felt more energized in the last 2 miles.  Cold night ahead that will be followed by a nice warm up.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=6.0

1/7- Not much warmer today.  Tempo at Gold's.  5 miles in 32:58 (6:36 pace) plus a cool.  Good even pace too. (16:32/16:26)  Strong!  I believe this is my fastest time at this distance since March of last year.  Yes, I was working hard at the end for the sub-33 but I was not wide open.  I had another gear available and if this was a race, I think I could have been sub-41 for 10K despite being slightly less than fresh.  I want my tempo pace to be roughly 60 seconds faster than my standard issue pace and today, I was 50.  I'm on the way.  No doubt that Jigsaw Mag + Thym-Adren is the answer but I will try the C tonight.  Tomorrow will be above freezing so I may be back outside.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=6.0

1/8- Trak Shak loop.  I don't know the exact distance because the GPS cut off.  The loop is roughly 6.5 miles but the watch showed 6 miles in 45:15 (7:33 pace) plus a cool.  Hilly route in 40 degree temps, which actually felt pretty nice out there.  As for taking the C instead of the Mag, I could feel it but the effects were not severe.  Maybe someday I will not have severe ill-effects if I miss a day of all pills.  That's what I want.  If I am unbalanced, I will need pills but if I am to the point in which I'm not bad if I miss a day and my body does not reject the pills.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=7.0

1/9- AM- Quickie.  1.5 miles in 11:18 (7:32 pace).  This one was done before I popped any Thym-Adren pills.  Don't get me wrong.  I was strugg-a-ling to hit the standard pace and probably would have faded after Mile 3 but the effects were not nearly as severe as before the detox.   Only 2 weeks ago, I would have been 8:30 pace without any pills.

PM- 10x400 at Mountain Brook with a 2 min R.  Finished with an average of 79.8 (5:19 pace).  Splits were (83-78-79-80-80) (79-80-80-82-77).  Made the "A" goal by 2 seconds but clearly need more work on speed.  In order to threaten a PR in the Mile, I need to do these near 75 with a sub-70 close.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=6.5

1/10- Planned rest day.  I need one.  My body is sore but nothing out of the ordinary.

1/11- Delayed onset muscle soreness has hit hard today.  I had to postpone my planned long run.  The workout was an easy 4 at Vestavia HS in a time of 30:15 (7:34 pace).  Faded but did not crash with splits of 14:55-15:20.  I should be good to go tomorrow and the weather conditions should be much more favorable.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=4.0

1/12- Struggled.  Had to cut the planned long run short.  Finished at 10 miles in 74:38 (7:28 pace) with splits of (36:48/37:50).  I was smart to cut it short because if I went for the full 15, I would have been looking at a pace over 8:00 the last 5 miles.  Calf muscles are especially sore and I really should be fully recovered from the speed session by now. I may need to cut the dosage of Thym-Adren.  When I experiment now, I want a clear yes or no answer but if it's no, I should not feel disabled because of 1 or 2 pills.

PM- 2 mile junk run on Wisteria in a time of 14:37 (7:18 pace).  That's good news.  The pills are obviously off but I was not horrible.
Grade:C+/2 credits/distance=12.5

Weekly summary:
This was a winner overall despite the struggles this weekend.  I will cut out caffeine AGAIN, cut the Thym-Adren from 8 pills to 6 and consider a small amount of Vitamin C.  Pleased with my tempo and interval session but not my long run.  I will do another liver cleanse in 3 weeks.  The age old question is as follows: Is my dosage trending down because I am getting closer to balance or is it because my system cannot process it?  Again, if it's the latter, the liver flush will help.
Distance=42.0/ GPA= 29.4/9= 3.27
YTD: 82 miles, 2-0 with a 3.25 GPA

No comments: