Monday, November 17, 2014

Training 11/17-11/23 (race week)

11/17- BAD!  I saw within just a couple laps that it wasn't my best day.  I normally rest on Mondays in race weeks so I bagged it and just slow jogged a mile.  This will count as a rest day.  Too much taurine is not good for me and that is a concern.  I could try cysteine but don't want to do it too close to race day. The Cal/Mag needs to be even and I hope to get by on 625 of each.
Grade:None/0 credit/distance=1.0



11/18- Poor effort.  Finished 3 miles in 23:51 (7:57 pace) plus a cool.  Started around 7:30 pace then faded to the 8:20 range.  Still too much taurine in my system.  It has yet to fully clear.  I am officially concerned now but I'm not going to panic just yet.  If I am not a lot better tomorrow, I am in trouble.  Took 2,000 last night but only 500 tonight.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=4.0



11/19- FAILURE!  1 mile in 8:49.  I've got 2 days to turn this around or I am OUT for Tulsa.  First try will be to lay off taurine completely.  Again, that's the same stuff that worked like magic just a week ago.  WHAT THE ____!
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=1.0



11/20- RELIEF!  It wasn't the taurine after all.  It was the Zn/Cu ratio.  I need to go back to the liver glandular but will have probably need low dose Thym-Adren + glutathione instead of taurine.  Too much upheaval so close to race day.  The plan for Tulsa is ADHS and that's what I took today.  3 miles in 22:25 (7:28 pace) with a negative split.  Tried 1 liver pill and it didn't work.

PM- Apparently, the liver pill didn't hurt me after all.  I'm still a little gun shy about it so close to the race.  I'll be okay on ADHS and am still 60 hours away.  It was another 3 miler and my time is down to 20:55 (6:58 pace).  Splits were 7:02-7:01-6:52.  I hope to see further improvement tomorrow.  As I predicted, it will be a pattern of 2 weeks on the liver glandular and 2 weeks off. When the Thym-Adren trends down, it's time to switch up. Weather shows a chance of rain on race day but the worst of it will come through the day before.  At worst, it will be run in light rain with comfortable temps.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=6.0


11/21- Just a slow jog.  Untimed mile.  Did not feel well.  I'm going with the radical upheaval.  Back to glutathione+ liver + low dose Thym-Adren.  That's my only chance at a decent time.  Spent night in eastern Arkansas.
Grade:P/0 credit/distance=1.0


11/22- Arrived in Tulsa. Just did some strides in the hotel.  The 'mill here is acting funky and seems to stop for a split second every so often so I just hopped off after a quarter mile.  I do not have a good feeling about this one at all.
Distance=1.0

11/23- Survived.  Just wanted a "non-horrible" performance and I got it.  Felt awful for most of the race but managed a finish in 1:37:42 unofficially (7:28 pace).  The zinc/copper balance is out of whack and the liver glandular is not the answer.
Grade:C/4 credits/distance=14.0

Weekly summary:
OUCH!  No good days at all and only race day and Thursday were even respectable.  I need to win 4 of 5 to end the year to make my goal of a winning record.
Distance= 28.0/ GPA= 16.3/8= 2.04
YTD: 1,633 miles.  Record: 22-23 with a 2.71 GPA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.