Monday, June 5, 2017

Training 6/5-6/11 (race week)

6/5- 3 miles out and back in Great Falls, Montana before leaving for Canada.  Finished in a slow time of 25:19 (8:26 pace).  No need to panic over this one.  2 days after a race, I should be less than fresh but this clearly did not feel right.  I definitely need the Ultimate B but need to limit B-6  Without a B-complex, I cannot take B-12, which is necessary because of my genetics.  Blood donation will be done within the next 2 weeks.  Morley seems to think Iron dysregulation is the source.  We shall see.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

6/6- Much better.  3 miles through Calgary's Prince's Island Park in a solid 21:56 (7:19 pace).  I was treated to nice river scenery with skyline views.  It reminded me a bit of Denver's Cherry Creek Trail. The only real complaint was a bit of stomach distress.  I had to stop near the end to prevent an unfortunate incident but kept it clean and added a half mile cool back to my hotel.  This was the only day that I really splurged on lodging but it proved to be a good call.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=3.5

6/7- Another 3 miles this time in Banff. Slipped to 22:30 but that's okay.  Long cool.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0

6/8- Junk run. 20- 21 minute run and did not even track the distance. Clear that I need Ultimate B- complex
Grade:C/1 credit/distance- 2.5

6/9- Planned rest day

6/10- Governor's Cup half marathon in 1:44:38 plus a cool.
PM- 1 mile shakeout untimed.
Grade:B/4 credit/distance- 15.0

6/11- Naked 2 mile on Wisteria just to hit a round number.

Weekly summary:
Decent race but not quite good enough to atone for the B-vitamin lapses earlier in the week.  GPA continues to rise however and I remain on pace for 1500 miles.
Distance=30.0/ GPA= 2.75
YTD: 702 miles.  5-17 with a 2.11 GPA

No comments: