Sunday, July 1, 2018

Training 7/2-7/8- Double Race Week

I am severely under-prepared for this and am simply hoping for a pair of sub-2 hour finishes.  It will be a tall order.  Minnesota will have Alabama type weather on race day.  Wisconsin will be cooler but I only have a 2 day rest in between.  The plan is to cut it as close as possible in Minnesota.

I do have 2 final questions to answer but in theory, my current formula should work.
I want to see how I do on Liver Beef now that I am on the Sarcosine.  I bet it will be tolerated but I only intend to take it occasionally even if it is.

As for the DMG, it appears to be a winner.  I suppose it's possible albeit unlikely that it's all I need for the sensitivity issues.  It sure would be nice to be able to stop the Sarcosine and the nucleotide support.  I'll know very quickly.  I won't mess with either until after the 2nd race.

7/2- AM- 2 mile junk run at Gold's at planned race pace.  No issues with the plantar.

PM- Another 2 miler this time on a bike trail just outside my hotel in Atlanta.  Finished this one in 14:36 (7:18 pace) despite some hills.  Very encouraged by how I felt but the race is 11.1 miles longer.
Distance=4.0

7/3- Planned rest day.  Flight to Minneapolis then a walking tour of the city.  Because of the excessive heat and high humidity, the race distance will be shortened to 6.7 miles.  I'll improvise to get the full distance and count it towards the 50 states.

7/4- Difficult to assess this one.  Conditions were murderous out there.  WORSE than a typical Alabama summer morning.  I did a 3.2 mile warm, then the 6.7 mile course followed by another 3.2 mile cool.  I felt decent through the first 6 then slowed considerably.  By the cool down, I was reduced to walk/slow jog.  I completed the full distance albeit unofficially and with a couple extended breaks.  This will count as State #35 but I have a feeling I'll be back after I finish #50.
Distance= 13.1

7/5- Planned rest day. 

7/6- Planned rest day.

7/7- Eagle River Half Marathon in 1:50:31.  A bit cooler and less humid but VERY sunny and less than ideal conditions overall.  Probably a fair assessment of my fitness.  No dispute here.  This was a legitimate finish.  Really not half bad after just a 2 day rest.
Distance=13.1

7/8- Planned rest day

-30 miles on the week.

No comments: