Wednesday, October 7, 2020

TRS, Sugars and Probiotics- Part 3

 I doubt it but let's hope this is the last time I have to do this.

I can handle alcohol and candy but any type of sugared drink including fruit juice will trigger a reaction, especially if I am not taking probiotics.  Specifically, if I do drink sugar and take TRS with no probiotics, it will be AWFUL!  I'll be much worse AFTER the TRS.  A 1st and 2nd probiotic after the TRS (provided that I took enough TRS) will make things a LOT better.  However, any more probiotics after that will make things WORSE!  Thus, the only way that I feel halfway decent is with 2 probiotics.  It seems now that the Glutathione and Taurine is not making much difference.  I'll probably finish the bottles and be done with it.  

WITHOUT SUGAR:

Here's where it gets complicated.  In the past, my need for probiotics diminished significantly after I was off sugar.  That did NOT happen this time.  The first change that I noticed came on Day 2.  I actually improved on TRS WITHOUT probiotics then continued to improve with probiotics.  However, on Day 3, I developed an extreme INTOLERANCE to probiotics.  Then, by Day 5, the situation had totally reversed itself.  I had an insatiable need FOR probiotics.  

When that sort of thing happens, I know the drill.  The gaps will be HUGE early but will diminish.  It takes 5-7 days to close it.  It was only the 3rd day in that scenario on race day so I knew it would be a disaster.  2 days later?  I probably finish under the Mendoza line.  2 days earlier?  I would not have even tried and likely die after just 1 Mile.  As it was, I ran a decent first 7 miles then CRASHED.  Before the detox, the book on me was that if I could remain comfortable through 4 miles, I probably finish respectably.  Not so now.

The only thing I can do is stay on water and beer for 21 days then allow for only occasional treats.  Will that settle it?  Given my history, I doubt it.  There will be another battle to fight and it could be even more ugly than this one.   

No comments: