Friday, January 28, 2022

January Training

 

UGLY!  I’m not even keeping track anymore, but I will estimate that my monthly total will be around 40 miles.  Longest run of the month was a mere 4 miles though I may try to beat that this weekend.  Fastest pace was 8:28 per mile on a 2 miler in 16:56. OUCH!  No interval workouts.  Pretty much all junk.  If I do go to Hawaii, I have just under 3 months to get in shape for a 13.1 miler.  At this point, I will not even try to run it all the way through.  It will be a Gallo-walk with a 4:1 ratio, which would likely bring me home between 2:20-2:30.  Normally, I would never show up at the starting knowing that it will be that bad but, I only have ONE to go. 

Pills:

Good news is that as long as I take the Intrinsic Factor, the inexplicable reactions SHOULD stop!  That’s a MAJOR victory.  However, there are several pieces of bad news.  First, I have 2 MUST take treatments every day with Thym-Adren and Fulvic Acid.  Fulvic acid has apparently REALLY spiked my adrenals.  I’ve had to go with the drops simply because the powder is too strong.  Even on the drops, I need 6 pills every day.  If I take neither or the Fulvic Acid alone, I can’t run at all.  I tried to run on the Thym-Adren alone without the Fulvic Acid and started off pretty well but faded early and was done after 1 mile in 9:xx. 

As for the other pills, I can handle a long weekend without them, but I cannot quit any.  Perhaps if I was taking more Fulvic Acid, it would be a different story but that’s not an option.  If I did that, I’d need 9-10 Thym-Adren pills and still would not perform as well.  No Thanks.  I had one bizarre episode with CBS drops.  Without the Intrinsic Factor, I could not tolerate that stuff at all.  With the Intrinsic Factor, I cannot function without it.  WHAT THE  _______!  While my dietary habits have worsened in recent years, even complete abstinence from the forbidden drinks would not have done it without the Intrinsic Factor.  For the record, I’ve had only 1 cheat day in the 10 days since I returned from El Paso.  The good news is that once I figured out that the missing pill was hurting me, I was noticeably better immediately after taking it.  By the second day, I was pretty much back to the new normal.  By comparison, with the inexplicable reactions, it often took 3 days before I could run again and 5 days for it to totally clear. 

Yes, there have been small signs of improvement in recent days.  After I got back from El Paso, I barely broke 28 minutes for 3 miles running almost all out.  Yesterday, I actually dialed back the effort a bit but still managed 4 miles in 35:17 (8:49 pace).  That is what should happen.  Improvements from day to day should not be significant and may not even be noticeable but over time, it becomes evident that the process is working.  Think about the hour hand on a clock.  You can’t even tell that it is moving at first glance but if you come back 6 hours later, it is in the opposite position.

No comments: