Monday, November 26, 2018

Training 11/26-12/2

11/26-AM-  3x480 intervals at Gold's  That's 1/3 of a mile.  Opened with 4 ADHS pills.
Opener- 2:31 (7:33 pace) and struggled.
Red Bull- 2:27 (7:21 pace).  MINUS 12
That's right.  I was actually slightly BETTER after chugging a small can of Red Bull.  Caffeine is certainly NOT good for me but it's not a factor in the adrenal spike.
1 Thym-Adren- 2:07 (6:21 pace).  MINUS 60.
Adrenal suppressant was YUGE!  The ADHS (modulator) will not cut it at the present time.

PM- Energy faded throughout the afternoon and by the evening, I had to take another dose if I was to even attempt the workout.  Indeed I was better immediately but could not hold it.  Finished 3 miles in 24:53 (8:18 pace).  I was 11:21 at the half but cratered in Mile 3.  Last mile was well over 9 minutes and nearly bailed after 2.5 but stuck it out.  Another Thym-Adren most certainly would have helped.
Distance=4.0

11/27- Adrenal spike hit another level today.  Even mega doses of Thym-Adren were not enough.  It did help.  I could not even function without it.  Got what I expected in the workout. 1 mile in 9:27.  Unfortunately my supply is running low so I may have to endure a couple days without it, which will really suck.  I figured this might happen but this is about the most severe adrenal spike I've had.
Distance=1.0

11/28- Big improvement.  I feel like the adrenal spike is already beginning to calm down.  It's a surprise that this happened so soon.
AM- Repeated the Gold's Mile and my time is down to 8:39 (MINUS 48).  Relatively even pace and felt noticeably better than yesterday.

PM- 2 miles in 16:12 (8:06 pace).  MINUS 33 over double the distance.  Just 24 hours after yesterday evening, I doubled the distance with a cumulative MINUS 81.  Impressive.  Let's see continued improvement tomorrow.
Distance=3.0

11/29- Lakeshore 4 on a cloudy but pleasant evening.  Finished in 31:55 (7:59 pace).  Once again, I doubled the distance and increased my pace.  I was hoping for a more dramatic improvement but I will take it.  The adrenal spike may actually be starting to calm down already.
Distance=4.0

11/30- Unplanned rest day.  I've run out of Thym-Adren and it is obvious that ADHS isn't strong enough.

12/1- Gold's 2 mile in 17:36 (8:48 pace).  Very even splits but NO power.  Once again, ADHS isn't strong enough and I just have to wait until Thym-Adren arrives.  Let's hope it comes by Monday.
Distance=2.0

12/2- No Thym-Adren and no improvement over yesterday.  The adrenal spike has not calmed down at all.  I don't believe there is anything I can do about it except take the Thym-Adren and wait for the adrenals to slow down.  Did 1 Mile at Vestavia in 8:50.  Slightly worse than yesterday.  I could have kept it going for another mile but chose not to.
Distance=1.0

-15 on the week.

No comments: