Monday, December 10, 2018

Training 12/10-12/16

12/10- Goal was to come in under the Mendoza line and I did it by a comfortable margin.  3 miles in 23:46 (7:55 pace).  3rd mile was a struggle but I was a LOT better in holding the pace today.  1st half-11:48, 2nd half-11:58.  Pace never did go much above 8:00 and I'm sure I would have been a full minute faster than yesterday (MINUS 15) if I had gone 4 miles.  Instead, I'll be satisfied with getting back under the Mendoza line but this is only the start of it.  3 days without a relapse is NO cause for celebration.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance= 3.5

12/11- Finally, the Seattle weather is over.  Clear but cold evening on Lakeshore.  Finished 4 miles in 31:20 (7:50 pace).  Well done.  Even pace with something left.  Improvements will be slower from this point but if it's slow and steady, I will take it.
Distance=4.0

12/12- Not a relapse but definitely a bit of a step backwards.  3.5 miles once again on Lakeshore on a cloudy but comfortable evening.  Finished in 28:48 (8:14 pace), which remained fairly even throughout.  Just didn't have as much power as yesterday.  Hard to explain why it happened.  It could be that the adrenal spike has calmed down or I simply over-indulged in forbidden drinks.  Either way, it could be spun into good news.  Until very recently, if I took 4 doses of the wrong pill, I'd be worthless.  Same with after 3 consecutive days of cheating.  Now, if one or both of these happens, I'll get nicked a little bit, which is to be expected BUT nothing severe.
Distance=3.5

12/13- 4 miles in 33:57 (8:29 pace).  Another slow down but all is still okay.  I've dialed back the effort because 8:30 is probably my current half marathon race pace.  I shouldn't run my faster than this on my standard issue workouts.   Today, I tried to run without methylation support.  Yes, I could feel a difference but it wasn't nearly as bad as before the DIM.  That's excellent news.  The Thym-Adren is clearly still necessary and 4 pills remains the optimal dose.
Distance= 4.0
Reaction:
DIM, Sarcosine and at least some Thym-Adren are essential to take every day or else.  BUT if I miss a dose of something else or mis-count the Thym-Adren by 1 pill, I'll only get nicked a bit.  Until very recently, it was an exact cocktail every day or else with moving targets.  Too early to celebrate after just 6 days but YES there is a chance that those days could be behind me!

12/14- Planned rest day.  I need 15 over the weekend to hit 30.  That is do-able.  I may decide to do a junk run to be safe.
PM- Decided to do the junk run.  2 miles and didn't care about the time.  Not sure if I will do the group run tomorrow.
Distance=2.0

12/15- It wasn't pretty but I finished the BTC 10 miler.  Time was 88:21 (8:50 pace).  Did not push it too hard because I still need at least 3 tomorrow.  Held the pace well.  Slowest mile was a 9:01, which was mostly uphill.  Really not bad overall.  Conditions were damp and chilly but I've run in worse.
Distance=10.0

12/6- 3 mile recovery jog at Vestavia.  Didn't even time it but the pace was probably over 9.  Quite sore from yesterday but I suppose that is to be expected.  Glad I did the junk run on Friday.
Distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
No relapse this week so I must count this as a success.  Still, I am a LONG way from being able to run respectable times again and I've lost too much fitness to jump back into it.  I made 30 this week and planned to shoot for 35 next week but I don't think I can handle it now.  I may just shoot for 30ish for the next few weeks.  I'll have 6 days to train next week but only 5 the following week.
Distance=30.0

No comments: