Monday, September 7, 2020

Training 9/7-9/13

9/7- This week will have to be front loaded because I'll be traveling over the weekend.  5 miles on Lakeshore starting at Target this time plus a cool.  Finished in 43:24 (8:41 pace).  I'll take it.  Not a bad showing but I was hoping for a little better.  Felt like I lost a half step compared to yesterday but most likely, I am feeling the effects of increased mileage.  Improvements won't come so easily from this point forward but I knew that was coming.  Two areas of concern are continued stomach upset and I am still HORRIBLE WITHOUT TRS AND GLUTATHIONE.  Most importantly however is that I am not collapsing.
Distance=5.5

9/8- AM- Planned on 4 plus a cool.  Legs went dead after just 200 meters so I packed it in after just 1 mile in a time over 12 minutes.  Smart money was on too many missed doses of NADH.  That proved to be right but it ain't my fault.  I re-ordered it almost 2 weeks ago and it has still yet to arrive.  Fortunately, the local health food store came through and I got the last one on the shelf.  

PM- Effect of NADH was immediate.  Improved from 93 to 71 on the Montreat half loop then hit Lakeshore for a 2 mile quickie.  Finished that in 16:18 (8:09 pace).  Moderate effort with a bit of a push in the last quarter mile, which enable a 2nd mile a tick below 8:00.  Still, I wasn't flat out even at the end.  
Distance=3.5
Reaction:
Yes, this was a crash but it's crash that I can accept.  I could see it coming yesterday and remarked that something felt a little off.  I went from just a little off to AWFUL in just 24 hours.  I confess that with the exception of the TRS and Glutathione, I've not been as diligent about taking all my pills every day since I can get away with a couple missed doses every now and then.  It will probably take about 5 consecutive missed doses of any other key pill before things really start to fall apart.  I can live with that.  It would be nice if the same held true for the TRS and Glutathione but maybe some day.   

Also, this never would have happened if I had gotten the bottle within 3-5 business days as expected so it ain't my fault.  More good news is that I have bounced back quickly and tolerated Probiotics.  I'm pretty much back to the new norm after just 1 dose so it's not a slow climb out of another deep hole.  I expect continued improvement later in the week though it will not be as rapid as last week.  Bottom line is that if these sort of days happen maybe once or twice a month, I can deal with it.  Crashes every week with no quick bounce back?  No!  Like I said many times, my demands are hardly unreasonable.

9/9- COLLAPSE-  I handled the caffeine yesterday.  I kinda had to take it to get through the day without NADH.  I could not handle to comedown and withdrawal.  2 miles at a pace near 12 minutes.  That's per mile.  Not overall.  I was less than half the speed of my prime.  Again, under normal circumstances, a 1 day binge or even a 2 day binge should NOT trigger a reaction this bad.  I'm right back to where I started from at the beginning of the month.  ANGRY!
Distance=2.0

9/10- Day 2. This is usually the worst day after a collapse.  Could not break 12 for 1 mile.
Distance=1.0

9/11- Repeated the Mile at Montreat and my time is down to 10:45.  Looking at another slow climb out of the hole.  Day 3.
Distance=1.0

9/12- Planned rest day.  Travel.  Terrible reaction to ORANGE JUICE but probiotics made things a LOT better.  

9/13- Interesting.  3 miles on Jefferson Trail in 23:53 (7:58 pace).  Under the Mendoza line in my last run as a 30-something but faded badly down the stretch.  I was at 11:33 at the half but fading and slipped to a 12:20 instead of the usual negative split.  Managed a 4:00 next half mile then faded to an 8:20.  This course is slightly sloped.  The 1st and 3rd quarters are predominantly uphill but the 2nd and 4th are mostly down so the 1st and 2nd halves are basically a wash.  Slowest part was the downhill finish.  Got back and confirmed that I had taken too much probiotics.  MUCH worse after taking a 2nd pill.  I will discover what to do within the next few days.
Distance=3.0

-16 miles on the week.

No comments: