Monday, April 10, 2023

Training 4/10-4/16

 4/10- AM- 3x 1 lap at Montreat.  Even on no pills, I was better than yesterday.  Opened with a 3:29 (10:27 pace).  Took some caffeine and actually improved to a 3:14 (9:42 pace).  MINUS 45 per mile.  Yes, that is enough to be considered significant.  On the full Thym-Adren, I improved to a 2:48 (8:24 pace).  Again, significant but not a night and day difference.  I'm baffled by this one.  During an adrenal SPIKE, I was BETTER on caffeine.  WHAT THE __________!

PM- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 18:53 (9:26 pace).  Not that bad.  Much better than yesterday and I CREDIT the caffeine.  Yes, the adrenal spike is still there but it has diminished.  I predict that I will get WORSE when I'm off caffeine.  Will it be a temporary blip?  When can I tolerate the ACV and Probiotics?

Distance= 3.0

4/11- It happened again.  I was BEYOND AWFUL without caffeine but significantly better with it and I need large doses to pull off anything close to respectable times.  I can't go on like this.  I must endure a few rough weeks without caffeine and hope that the adrenal spike eventually dies down.  Today, I was over 12 off caffeine but under 10 with it.

Distance=2.0

4/12- Rest day.  I have no desire to run.  This might be the end.  Adrenals remain spiked.  I need to take mega doses from now on.

4/13- Dreamed that I ran a 3:08 marathon last night and it was a vivid dream.  That's all it was however as today was one of my worst days on record.  Managed only a half mile at Montreat in 6:23 on no pills.  Took 6 at work and it had little effect.  Got home and crashed out in bed.  I was out cold for 2.5 hours.  I got up for another 2 hours then went back to bed.

Distance= 0.5

4/14- AM- Repeated the no pills half mile and my time was down to 5:58 (11:56 pace)

PM- Upped the dosage to 8 pills and I wasn't much better.  Lakeshore 1.5 in 16:54 (11:16 pace).  1st half -8:20, 2nd half- 8:34.  Not a terrible fade but it was a terrible performance.  It may get worse next week if I can stay off caffeine.

Distance=2.0

4/15- 1 mile this time at Railroad Park and I was beyond awful with a 12:16.  This was done on full pills but no caffeine.

Distance= 1.0

4/16- AM- 1.5 miles at Lakeshore in 17:24 (11:36 pace).  An improvement over yesterday and that's all I wanted to see.  I may be back out there this afternoon.

PM- 2 miles in 19:14 (9:37 pace).  MUCH better.  Splits were 9:53-9:21.  Adrenal spike may finally be dying down.  Still crashed out later in the day but got better after dinner.

Distance= 3.5  

-12 miles on the week.


No comments: