Monday, April 3, 2023

Training 4/3-4/9

 4/3- I still don't know if yesterday's horrible performance was the adrenal spike or tiredness from rough surf the previous day.  Maybe it was a combination of both.  In either case, I was much better today.

AM- 1 lap at Montreat in 3:43 (11:09 pace) plus a short cool.  That's 23 seconds better than yesterday or MINUS 69 per mile.  Took 6 Thym-Adren at work.

PM- Back at Lakeshore for the real workout this time hours after the pills.  Repeated the 2.5 mile distance but my time was down to a less horrible 24:55 (9:58 pace).  1st half- 12:15, 2nd half- 12:40.  No real attempt to kick because I knew I had the sub-10 pace, which was all that I wanted.

Distance=3.0

4/4- Unplanned rest day.  Feeling worse today.

4/5- 1 mile at Montreat in 10:41.  I did manage an even pace but had zero strength.  3 Thym-Adren pills just won't cut it.  This adrenal spike is not going down so easily.  I need at least 6 of these pills, maybe more at least temporarily.  This could be good news in the long run.  A BIG adrenal spike probably means that I really did solve a long-standing problem (candida).  I'll go with 6 for the rest of the week.  May go as high as 9 for a couple of days.

Distance=1.0

4/6- MUCH WORSE!  I learned today that ACV INCREASES demand for adrenal suppressants.  I must lay off it for now then gradually re-introduce it if tolerated.  I turned around after I was over 12 minute pace through a half mile and getting slower.

Distance=1.0

4/7- Only slightly better but at least I am headed in the right direction.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 23:30 (11:45 pace) with splits of 11:28-12:02.  OUCH!

Distance=2.0

4/8- Unplanned rest day.  I've learned that Probiotics ALSO spike the adrenals.  

4/9- 1 mile in 11:23.  Nuff said.

Distance=1.0

-8 miles on the week.

No comments: