Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Out Indefinitely

 No attempts to run until further notice.  I can handle a brisk walk around my neighborhood but any running, no matter how slow or short will do more harm than good at this stage.  Though I have not been tested, I am virtually certain that I am back to the state of full blown adrenal exhaustion.  The stress of the candida detox is the culprit and I have read several articles that have said that this could happen.

First, I found that Manganese helped with the die off reactions.  It worked for a while then quit.  Shortly thereafter, I developed an extreme need for NAC (N-Aceytal Cysteine).  That suddenly became ineffective about a week ago.  At least it is ineffective, not harmful like before I addressed the autoimmune issues.  Right now, the only thing that helps is a product called SBF Formula, which I have not taken regularly since at least 2008 when I was still adrenaline deficient.  I found that I could handle an occasional Mile time trial but if I attempted a two a day or a longer distance run, I would collapse.  Today, I opened with a pitiful 3:57 lap around Montreat.  Even a full dosage of SBF brought me no lower than 3:35 (10:45 pace).  Obviously, that's not good enough and it will only get worse if I try to keep pushing.

There is no timetable for another attempt to return to training but until I no longer need the SBF, it's out of the question.  In addition to the fatigue and sore muscles, I have a constant low grade headache and diarrhea.  I had 2 big and nasty attacks of diarrhea today at work then 2 more small dumps later in the day.  The good news is that I did feel noticeably better after a big dump.  Perhaps I got some toxins out.  

Although I have cheated a few times, I've done a lot better with restricting sugared and alcoholic drinks, both of which feed the candida.  The only thing that I can do is follow my present course.  If I cheat more often, I may get a bit of temporary relief from the die off but it will only prolong the recovery.  One article that I read said that the candida will eventually die off but it will go out kicking and screaming until the end.  If and when this resolves, I expect it to clear up suddenly.  I may go from flat out horrible to halfway decent over the course of just a couple days.  

It's too soon to think about this but the aftermath will probably be no picnic either.  I can expect an adrenal spike and the opposite pattern if this ever does clear up.   

No comments: