Monday, October 2, 2023

Turmeric for Candida

 Good news.  I am off the adrenal fatigue pills.  It was an abrupt flip flop.  One day, I needed to suppress my adrenals and the next day, I needed to stimulate them to feel better.  What a life!  Fortunately, neither has much of an impact these days.  What I need is Turmeric, which is an anti-fungal supplement that also helps with inflammation.  

I tried Turmeric in the past and got immediate negative reactions.  My whole body tightened up within seconds of swallowing the capsule.  Clearly, that was an auto-immune response.  This time around, the first day on it was a little rough but that evolved into an insatiable need for it by Day 2.  I know how the game works because I've been through it so many times.  The need will diminish with time and eventually, I will arrive at a place in which I don't need it every day.  I may not be able to quit it, but I can make it through a long weekend without it.  I can live with that and would consider it "manageable" or "under control."  Then, I have to hope against hope that the same thing does not happen with another pill.  

I have done some light workout the last few days and got what I expected.  BEYOND AWFUL without the pills but much less awful with them.  As the dependence fades, the gaps in performance will also diminish.  Both the floor (without pills) and the ceiling (with pills) will improve but the floor will rise faster than the ceiling.  Eventually, the difference between the floor and ceiling will become insignificant.  

As for the diet, I learned this weekend that I must stick with the low sugar and alcohol plan.  I got away with cheating on Saturday but not on Sunday.  At dawn on Sunday, I clocked a 7:53 in the Mile with a slight negative split (3:58-3:55).  That's just 13 seconds off my reset PR and I felt that I left a few seconds out there.  I knew that I was comfortably under 8 but would not PR so I didn't push too hard in the last 200.  However, I was definitely weakened by a lunchtime energy drink.  In the afternoon session, I managed only a 19:56 for 2 miles (9:58 pace) and extra Turmeric had a minimal effect.  That's okay.  I wanted to test it out to see what would happen and now I know.  

On another note, I learned 2 things that have made me EXTREMELY ANGRY!  It may be that the Turmeric is the most effective treatment for the Candida.  It was right there in front of me several years ago but I could not tolerate it because of the autoimmune issues.  The same was true with Apple Cider Vinegar.   If not for that, the Candida never would have become this severe.  It is pretty obvious that Cytokine dysregulation was the source of the autoimmune issues.  I've learned that this is related to Autism as is Candida and gut issues.  Again, though I was never diagnosed, I am virtually certain that I am on the spectrum. Bottom line:  Candida never should have gotten this far out of control!   

No comments: