Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Training 9/9-9/15

 9/9- After a break, I wasn't expecting much.  Aimed for just 1 mile under 10 minutes and clocked a 9:55.  I was behind pace until the last half lap.  A late rally got me under the barrier.  

Tried Zinc and Probiotics later that evening.  Zinc was a non factor.  Probiotics?  Slightly better but not enough to be significant.  I'll go without them.  

Distance-1.5

9/10- Increased the distance to 1.5 on Lakeshore.  Finished in an even 14-flat (9:20 pace).  Better than yesterday so I will take it.  I've noticed lately that my legs feel noticeably more stiff and sore after a forbidden drink.  I was clean today.  

Zinc didn't do anything last time I tried it but I still think it may be helpful.  Blood donation is also planned for later in the month.

Distance-1.5

9/11- Step backwards.  1 mile in 10:11 with bad splits.  I was on pace for about the same as yesterday but fell apart just after the half mile.  Very overstimulated today.

Distance-1.0

9/12- Half mile, which was worse than yesterday but I found the culprit.  Nothing should surprise me anymore but this one left me totally blindsided.  The culprit is a few sprays of COLONGE!!   Yes, I'm sure of it too.  I was MUCH worse just 5 minutes after a few additional sprays.  I have no words.  

Distance-0.5

9/13- Same as yesterday.  Maybe worse.  Didn't even use a watch.  When the COLONGE clears, I will likely face an adrenal spike.  Scratch the weekend too.

Distance-0.5

9/14- The adrenal spike peaked in the morning.  Took me 4:35 to do one lap at Montreat.  I was better in the evening.  2 laps in 7:44 (11:36 pace).  BAD!

Distance-1.0

9/15- Junk mile

Distance-1.0

-7 miles

No comments: