Last Tuesday (9/15), I had a decent run by current standards (2.5@9:45) but several hours later, something obviously wasn't right. I felt okay immediately afterwards and added a short cool down with no issues to make it an even 3.
By mid-afternoon, I had awful leg pains and my knees were especially sore though it didn't feel like an injury. Granted at my age, I don't expect to recover as quickly from workouts but this clearly wasn't normal. I did a short little jog in my neighborhood after work, which confirmed that I was not injured but the pace was very slow.
On Wednesday, I decided to run it back with the same formula. I didn't feel horrible when I woke up but the workout was a disaster. Passed half mile in a time close to 6 minutes then turned around. I couldn't even finish 1 Mile and walked/jogged it home. Something was wrong with my formula. I know the feeling all too well. I suspected it was too much Methyl Folate and indeed an extra pill made things much worse.
On Thursday, I reduced the MF and fared no better. Again, the pace was approaching 12 and I couldn't finish 1 Mile without walk breaks. Extra Thym Adren made it worse. Perhaps MF and Thym Adren can't be taken together.
On Friday in Cleveland, I went with all MF. I didn't feel good but it was better than the previous 2 days. Low dose Thym Adren at the end of the day made it worse.
All MF and no Thym Adren didn't work on Saturday and when I stopped the MF, the need for Thym Adren kicked in bigly.
Come Sunday, I began to suspect that Probiotics are needed to tolerate MF. That proved to be correct. I popped 2 of those pills after I got home on Monday evening. Much to my relief, mega doses of MF were tolerated. I then took some Thym Adren. It too was tolerated.
MF was never going to be effective until I fixed my gut health. I may be back on track now. Today's workout was 2 miles in 19:25 (9:42 pace) or just about where I was before this latest drama. I'm sticking with this formula but am thinking of adding low dose Zinc and Lithium.

No comments:
Post a Comment