Monday, November 16, 2009

training 11/15-21

11/15- Lakeshore 6 in 47:57 (7:59.5 pace). This was too fast after yesterday. I was struggling early but warmed up nicely after the first mile. I actually picked up the pace at the end to make sure I would come in under 8:00 pace. Bad call. I hope this effort doesn't hurt me down the road. The good thing is that this was an AM run so I have a half day off to recover until a PM run tomorrow. Again, I must slow down.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

11/16- No ill-effects at all from going too fast yesterday. I felt surprisingly well from the get go. Lakeshore 10 in 81:36 (8:10 pace). Yes, I could have done sub-8 again but chose not to do so. This was a much more enjoyable run. 1st half was 40:46, 2nd half was 40:50 so I'd say that's pretty even. I got the mileage in and should be good to go for tomorrow with Johnny. This brings me up to 36 in the last 3 days and 62 in the last 7. I need 6 tomorrow to tie my 7 day mileage PR.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=10.0

11/17- 1.5 warm up, Johnny's ladder workout plus a 2 mile cool down. Workout stats: 400-78, 800-2:46, 1200-4:16, 1600-5:53, 800-2:42. Overall pace was an even 5:40 or 85 per lap so I get an 85 on the day. Not bad considering that I ran the entire workout alone. I miss Dave in these workouts. Today's workout brought me up to a new 7 day mileage PR (64 from Wednesday-Tuesday) (14+7+0+20+6+10+7). Yes, I'm running tomorrow too. I feel good.
Grade: B/2 credits/distance=7.0

11/18- Tempo day. Trak Shak 5 in 35:13 (7:03 pace). I got a head lamp and a red flashing light on my pants but I am still extra careful in the dark. This means more stops than usual but that's okay. My last 4 miles averaged a sub-7. I am feeling some signs of fatigue but considering the mileage that I have done recently, I can still feel good about my workout. 1.5 cool down at a glacial pace. Easy tomorrow.
Grade: B+/2 credits/distance=6.5

11/19- Easy 5.5 at Vestavia. That was pretty much my only option with the darkness and time crunch. Time was 44:19 (8:04 pace). This time, I did not try for sub-8. I just ran whatever pace felt comfortable. Yes, I was tired and sore but it did not feel abnormal.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.5

11/20- Busy day today. I had to go to Bessemer this morning to get my car tag renewed ($134), worked a 6 hour day then headed to Atlanta after work. My only real running option was to get up an hour early and jump on the 'mill for a few easy miles and I did just that. I was hoping to get 6 in and settled for 4 at a 8:27 pace. I was simply too tired to run well but I'm not too worried about it. I never run well in the morning during the week but I can run fine on Saturday mornings. Go figure.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=4.0

11/21- Pretty good day all around. I got up early and hit the Silver Comet trail with Nick. The trail was not as flat as advertised. In fact, almost all of the first half was a gradual incline. That made for a nice second half. My Garmin died on me but I estimate that my pace was in between easy and tempo, which was the plan on a run of this distance. The trail was 7.6 miles plus a short cool down. Felt good. Headed to Clemson to see a win vs. Virginia. My emotions about going back there were mixed. I did have some good times there but the unyielding stress of the MBA program was a major contributing factor in my development of full blown adrenal exhaustion.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=8.0

Weekly summary:
Pleased with the week overall. Anything above a 3.0 is a good week. I could have run 50+ but given my schedule, I think I got about as much mileage in as I could. Next week will be even busier with Thanksgiving so it's unlikely that it will be very high mileage but I'm close to my taper any way.
Distance=46.0/ GPA= 27.3/9= 3.033

No comments: