Monday, December 21, 2009

training 12/21-27 (slack)

12/21- Lakeshore 11.5 @ 7:55. I happened to run into Adam and Jason who were running 6.5 and I got suckered into running at their pace, which was 7:45. I did back off in the final 5. I got warned several times by the 3:20 group on RWOL that I am training too fast and yes, I was thinking about that. I could have done sub-7:45 easily. Added a .5 cool down at garbage pace. Strong. Back to back to back double digit runs for the first time ever.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=12.0

12/22-Strong again. Make it 4 double digit runs in a row. I took off at near BQ pace (7:23 first mile) then wisely dialed it back to finish the run at an average pace of 7:45 for 10 miles. My knees and groin are a bit sore but I'm not too worried about it.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=10.0

12/23- Outstanding performance. Trak Shak 5. Ran the first 1.3 with a sub-17 5K man. I was forced to let him go after that but my pace never really slacked except on the hills and turns.
Finished at 33:26 (6:42 pace= to my 10K race pace). I'm sure that I could improve on that 10K now. Splits: 6:36-6:35-6:54-6:56-6:25. 2 mile cool down on the 'mill. I am in the best shape of my life and I think I've got a shot at 1:30 in Texas next month.
Grade:A/2 credits/distance=7.0

12/24- Signed up for the 3M in Austin, Texas one month from today and I'm already registered for the marathon at Mercedes. Also received my AG plaque from Red Stick. Today broke my string of "A" workouts. I never run well the morning of a weekday but the early morning was my only chance to run today. 3 mile recovery jog on the 'mill. I ran the planned pace (upper 8s) without too much discomfort but it was not a stroll in the park either.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/25- Planned rest day for Christmas.

12/26- Squeezed in 5 miles on Jefferson trail. Empty stomach and out of routine so I wasn't expecting much. Performance was average at best. I needed a fast finish to end up below 7:30. I'm only 3 away from 40 on the week so that's all I wanted out of this week.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0

12/27- late night run on the 'mill. 3 miles worth of junk timed in 23:33 (7:51 pace). This probably will make little difference but it was enough to hit the mileage quota. I had some abnormal pain in the lower leg but I'm not too worried about it. This was a travel day so I wasn't expecting much.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
Great start to the week. Not such a great finish. I did hit 40 on the week so that's not bad considering my busy schedule and the fact that I was out of town for half the week.
Distance=40.0/ GPA= 29.8/9= 3.31

No comments: