Thursday, June 22, 2023

Herxheimer Reaction and Candida

 No real attempts to train in the last month or so.  Just a few junk runs.  

A few months ago, I was actually better on caffeine.  Intolerances gradually kicked in starting in May.  First, it was energy drinks then alcohol.  By the end of the month, Coke began to be a problem.  By early June, even sports drinks such as Body Armor and Powerade presented a problem.  

Most probably, it was because I had been slacking on the Apple Cider Vinegar.  I had only taken a few sips here and there and did not even bring it on my Memorial Day road trip.  Running low, I purchased another bottle but this time, it was a different brand.  It was Bragg's with the Mother, which is what most health experts recommend.  

I went aggressive with 2 tablespoons twice a day plus 3 Probiotics.  WHAM!  Knocked out with flu like symptoms, headaches and very sore muscles.  Word on the street is that it was an immune response.  It would have been COMPLETELY INTOLERABLE if I did not address the autoimmune issues earlier!  I remain EXTREMELY ANGRY about being put in this impossible situation for so many years!  I decided to push through it.  After 3 days, I was better.  I dropped from a 5:51 half mile to a 9:24 full mile. Forbidden drinks were once again tolerated. 

I took the old and nearly empty bottle to Texas last weekend and had no real reaction.  After 5 days off, I went back to the Bragg's brand.  WHAM once again but the recovery was quicker.  Again, I will push through but I cannot take the bottle on the plane to Oregon next weekend.  After the 4th of July, I will once again attempt to train in earnest.

No comments: