Monday, March 27, 2017

Training 3/27-4/2

3/27- 2ish miles at around 8 minute pace. Felt okay. Had to cut it short because of lightning in the area. I think I have detoxed everything and am ready to roll.
No Grade/0 credit/distance=2.0

3/28- Very poor. 3 miles at Gold's in 26:48 (8:56 pace). The culprit is B12, which is related to Iron metabolism.  Opened with a decent 7:47 then it was sharply downhill from there.  Actually had to push to keep the overall pace under 9.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=3.0

3/29- Trak Shak 5 in 41:30 (8:18 pace).  MINUS 38 over 2 additional miles.  I attribute that improvement to reducing the B-12 dose from 8 mg to 4 mg.  It's still too high.  I'll try 2 mg tomorrow and maybe 1 mg. down the road.  Getting off it completely will never happen because of my genetics and if I can't tolerate it at all, that would be a BIG problem just like the methyl folate.  I'd have to go back on Lithium and possibly ATP.  Still, it was a nice improvement over yesterday.  NO MORE RELAPSES!  When I get the B-12 regulated, I will do what I hope is my last Ferritin re-test.  IT BETTER BE MUCH IMPROVED!
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=5.0

3/30- Gold's 5 in 38:51 (7:46 pace).  MINUS 32.  Even pace with something left at the end but the legs are still awfully heavy.  I should be in the low-mid 36s given my current fitness.  I did cut the B-12 down to 2ish mg and it's still too much.  I'm going down to just a trace but it may take time for the excess to clear.  I will try ATP with a micro dose of Lithium tonight but predict a swift negative response that should clear by the morning.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.0

3/31- As expected, the ATP was well tolerated but just a trace of Lithium triggered a negative reaction.  It cleared by morning and I took just a trace of B-12.  Strong performance as a result.  Repeated the Gold's 5 and my time is down to 36:55 (7:23 pace).  MINUS 23 and my effort was actually slightly less than yesterday.  I think I could go sub-36 in a race setting but not sub-35, which is the point of confidence barrier.  Legs are still a little heavy but felt somewhat like my old self today.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/1- Attempted long run but didn't have quite enough energy.  Totaled 8 miles from Brookwood in a time of 71:36 (8:57 pace).  Never did feel strong but kept the pace respectable through 4.1 miles then suddenly died and struggled for a 10 minute pace the rest of the way.  I thought my B-12 dose was too low but got home to find it is too high.  I will attempt to go off altogether for the time being.  Lithium and ATP are not the problem.  Excess B-12 is.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=8.0


4/2- Lakeshore 6 in 50:48 (8:28 pace). Never felt good but this time, I did not fade. Pace stayed near 8:30 on the back half and I could have finished 10 but it would have been ugly and painful. Took no B-12. Tacked on a long cool down.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance-8.0

No comments: