Saturday, August 29, 2020

Training 8/29-9/6

 Here's where I stand:

My best hope for recovery is Glutathione plus TRS detox spray.  The only things that I cannot tolerate now are caffeine and probiotics.  The latter does make sense because probiotics reduce sulfur, which is a key component in Glutathione and a powerful cleaner of toxins.  The two products must be taken together.  Without either of them, I am flat out awful.  TRS alone is helpful but not nearly enough.  Glutathione alone is pretty much worthless as is Taurine.  Taurine with TRS is better than nothing but not nearly enough.  Extra Glutathione doesn't make much difference but extra TRS does.  Problem is that I will go broke if I have to take 20 sprays per day (10 morning/10 afternoon).  It would cost me nearly $300 per month.  I've got to limit it to 10 sprays with the exception of race or hard workout days.  The Crazy Horse Half Marathon in South Dakota is apparently ON for October 4 so I've got a little over a month to train.  If I can avoid a relapse, I may manage a sub-2 on a downhill course.  Supposedly, Lead is the last toxin to get out because it is stored deep in the bones rather than in organs.  I can only hope that is what I have been eliminating because it would explain a lot.

8/29- Lakeshore 3 in 30:45 (10:15 pace).  OUCH.  Ran it in the rain and did have a little bit left at the end but not good by any stretch.  Got home and found that extra TRS made a big difference.  Dropped from 78 to 70 on a half lap at Montreat (MINUS 48/mile)  Again, I can't afford to do this every day.  I just have to hope for slow and steady progress.  Figure that I would have been in the low-mid 9s on the full dose.  Perhaps better because effects are greater at longer distances.

Distance=3.5

8/30- Hoped to do at least 6.5 on Lakeshore and it was an abject failure.  Had to quit after just a half mile in 6:20 (12:40 pace) and it was getting slower every step.  No idea!  If this had been race day, there's no way I beat the time limit.

PM- A lot better.  Another half mile this time at Montreat in the rain.  Time was down to 4:48 (9:36 pace) then added a cool.

Distance=1.5

8/31- AM- WORSE than ever.  Half mile at Montreat this time over 6:30.

PM- Much better once again in the afternoon.  Down to 4:20 (8:40 pace)

Distance=1.0

9/1- Lakeshore 3 in 30:42 (10:14 pace).  Splits were 10:37-10:15-9:50.  Better than yesterday but I've got a LONG way to go.

Distance=3.0

9/2- Lakeshore 5 in 48:38 (9:44 pace).  Good progress.  30 seconds faster on the pace over 2 extra miles.  I'll take it.  Not a night and day difference but I want to see slow but steady progress.  That's a sign that this is working.

Distance=5.0

9/3- Another very positive step.  4 miles in 35:36 (8:54 pace).  I could have gone 5 again but don't want to ramp things up too quickly.  I bet I'm still sub-9 for 5 miles but just barely.  Lately, I get off to a very slow start but the pace picks up after about a half mile.  I might struggle a bit in the 3rd quarter but still finish strong.  Splits today were 9:21-8:41-8:55-8:39.  This is exactly what I want to see.  A slow but steady climb out of the pit.  It appears that I can handle occasional beer but I won't try caffeine.

PM- Crestline 3 miler in 25:21 (8:27 pace).  Another step forward.  I did struggle pretty hard in Mile 3 this time (8:38) but it was mostly uphill.  I've hacked off more than 5 minutes at this distance in just 2 days.  Could the next 5 be this easy?  NO.

Distance=7.0

9/4- Planned rest day.  I deserve it.  Planning to go long tomorrow.

9/5- 10 miles.  Double out and back on Lakeshore.  Finished in 92:13 (9:13 pace).  Very pleased with this one.  Just 4 ticks shy of sub-2 pace for a half mary and I had something left in the tank too.  First half was 46:50, 2nd half was 45:23 with several miles below 9 minutes.  No crash this week.  Can I keep it going?  We shall see.  I've done well in staying off caffeine.

Distance=10.0

9/6- 3 mile at Railroad Park.  Planned it as a recovery day.  Ran the first half with a group at 8:50 pace then decided to see what I could do on the back half.  Responded well with a 7:44 clip for an overall time of 24:51 (8:17 pace) to keep the streak alive.  Every 3 miler has been faster than the previous one this week.

Distance=3.0

 -29 miles in the last 7 days.  I can handle 30, maybe 35.

No comments: