Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Training 8/3-8/9

8/3- Just a junk run.  Hurting after the trip but that's to be expected.  It's officially confirmed that the best course of action is 1 Glutathione and 1 Probiotic pill.  How long will it last?
Distance=1.0

8/4- AM- Gap is closing.  It is down to 72 per mile on the half lap loop.  Splits were 94/82.  That's bad but I wasn't putting much effort into it.

PM- Terrible at Crestline.  1.5 miles in 15:30 (10:20 pace).  It got worse as the run progressed too.  1st half was 7:18, 2nd half was 8:12.
Distance=2.0

8/5- 1 mile in 12:14.  I wasn't expecting to set the world on fire but I did expect an incremental improvement over yesterday.  Instead, I was much worse.  The culprit was Probiotics.  WHAT THE HELL!  As recently as 2 days ago, I couldn't get along without that stuff.  Now, I can't tolerate it yet again.  One way or the other, I need stability.  If I need probiotics AND sulfur, fine.  Sulfur without probiotics?  That's fine too.  STOP IT WITH THIS BACK AND FORTH STUFF!  This is exactly why I can't date anybody. 

PM- In what was absolutely no surprise, I got better with more sulfur and no probiotics.  Opener in 3:40.  3:18 with Taurine.  3:00 with Glutathione.
Distance=2.0

8/6-AM Got the incremental improvement today.  3 miles on Lakeshore in 31:13 (10:24 pace).  Tripled the distance and improved the pace by nearly 2 minutes.  I'll take it.  If weather permits, I'll run this evening too and will probably break 30.

PM- 3 miles on Crestline in 27:44 (9:15 pace).  Another big improvement.  MINUS 69.  The gains won't be this drastic going forward but I'll take the incremental gains.  1st half was 14:08, 2nd half in 13:36 so I nearly dipped below 9 on the back half.
Distance=6.0

Collapsed again.  Probiotics are the culprit.  I'm off those suckers for good now.

No comments: