Monday, November 16, 2020

Health News

 Interesting.  Once again, I made it 10 days without any sugared or alcoholic drinks but I still crashed.  This time, the culprit was Sulfur containing amino acids such as Taurine and Glutathione.  Not very long ago, I needed the latter and could not go an extended period without it.  At the same time, my intolerance to sugared and alcoholic drinks DISAPPEARED!  I won't be stupid but even if I had a daily habit, it should NOT cost me more than about 20 seconds per mile and a couple rare uses should have negligible effects.  These surprise relapses are par for the course and all of my readers know it.  My only explanation is that toxins are being eliminated one at a time.  When one layer is peeled off, another is revealed.  Thus, the toxins that are on the top layer will trigger different reactions.  Until ALL the toxins are out, I don't see any changes forthcoming.  I will be subjected to crashes that cannot be predicted.  

  Several days later, I took just a trace of Glutathione.  I expected it to trigger a reaction but it didn't.  I did not try a full pill so that could have been different.  I would not be surprised at all if the situation reverses itself and I end up with an intense NEED for Glutathione at some point in the near-future.  To protect against that, I may simply take it occasionally.  Suppose that I take it maybe 2 times per week, that MAY protect against both need and intolerance.  

As for the rest of the pills, I can get by about 5 days without all of them EXCEPT the TRS and Probiotics. With those 2, I can make it 1 day but not 2 and will not rebound all the way with a single dose.  Again, in theory, I am on a path to getting this under control.  Again, I will not get my hopes up.  As for training, I'll just stick to junk runs for the next couple of weeks then try to get back to steady training after Thanksgiving.  There will be no races until at least February and I have a feeling that those will be canceled.  I'm not real confident about a Maryland half in April either.  Best hope is a small town race.  Big cities tend to be strict when it comes to permits.  

Here's what I need:

Maryland, Minnesota, Maine, Hawaii.  I signed up for Salisbury, Maryland but at this point, I'd choose any race to get this done.  It's a fairly small race so it has a chance.   

No comments: