Friday, April 8, 2022

BRUTAL DETOX PART 2

 I loaded on adrenal caps on Tuesday, and it proved to be too much.  In my standard issue 2 mile run, I started off reasonably well with a pace around 8:30 then died before the end of the first mile and settled for a 19:12 finish.  Could I have finished a 13.1 within 3 hours (13:45 pace)?  I doubt it.    The culprit was clearly excess adrenal caps. 

The next morning, I was horrible in the opener, then slightly BETTER after TRS and MUCH better after caffeine.  I did take the caffeine with the Fulvic Acid so I was unsure if that had anything to do with it.  I went with an adrenal suppressant and improved further.  Not a surprise there.  Unanswered question in addition to the Fulvic Acid/Caffeine is has my system rejected the adrenal glandular already or must I simply limit it?  There was no evening session due to a severe weather threat, which never came. 

Thursday morning- Opened with a 91 on NOTHING.  Improved to 85 on Fulvic Acid alone.  Improved to 78 on caffeine.  Slipped to 84 on TRS.  A 6-7 second difference over 1/6 of a mile is about 40 seconds per mile give or take with rounding.  That IS enough to be considered significant.  Fulvic Acid is necessary every day.  I don’t like that, but it could be worse.  Again, the dose does not seem to matter.  Improvement after caffeine, which was significant?  That is BAFFLING!  While I was slightly better after TRS yesterday, I was significantly worse today?!  A single adrenal cap appeared to make things better.  Multiple caps would likely be a different story.  The "real workout" was an improvement as well.  2 miles in 18:26 and I was a lot better holding the pace too. 

Going forward, what do I want to see?

-Insignificant reactions to BOTH caffeine and TRS.  The same with Fulvic Acid would be nice too but I won’t be greedy.  Since I am already a fast oxidizer, I actually WANT a NEGATIVE response to the Adrenal caps.  That is what SHOULD happen in the absence of toxins given my chemistry. 

I believe I got it on Friday morning.

I opened with a 72 on only Fulvic Acid.  Improved to a 70 on TRS then a 67 on caffeine.  Neither treatment on its own was enough to be considered significant but the combined effect was.  Then, the adrenal cap was tested.  The reaction was SLIGHTLY negative as I slipped to a 71.  Not a huge drop off but I could feel it.  I believe it would have gotten ugly over a longer distance.  That stuff will be quit now.  Tomorrow, the reaction will almost certainly be STRONGLY negative.  I predict a positive response to adrenal suppressants and will wean off caffeine.  

No comments: