Sunday, September 25, 2022

Cytokines and Adrenal Spikes

 There is always one pill that I cannot function without and it alternates between the Cytokine suppressant and the adrenal suppressant.  THIS SUCKS!

Here is what I think is happening:  The Cytokines are being eliminated in batches.  If this is indeed what triggers the sensitivity, it has been a problem for 20 years and thus, I should not expect to eliminate this issue within just a couple weeks.  After a batch is eliminated, the adrenals spike temporarily.  After the adrenals begin to calm down within several days, another batch is released and the cycle repeats itself.

Symptoms:

During the adrenal spike, the sensitivity is not a problem.  I can take Probiotics without Taurine and vice versa.  Additional Cytokine support does nothing.  Only after taking extra Thym-Adren do I see improvements but yes, they are significant.  Today was typical of such a pattern.  I opened with a PATHETIC 2:01 half lap at Montreat (12:06 pace).  I was only slightly better on 3 Cytokines.  Improved to a 1:54 (11:24 pace) and probably would have done just as "well" on 1 pill instead of 3.  However, after taking 3 Thym-Adren, I did improve significantly.  I improved to a 1:27 (8:42 pace)  MINUS 2:42.  If I had taken additional Thym-Adren, I am most probably better.  I did drag my ass out about an hour later for a non-stop Mile and clocked a robust 10:18.  That's fully 5 minutes slower than my adult PR.

During a Cytokine release, I am just as awful on the opener but this time, additional Thym-Adren does nothing.  1 such pill works just about as well as 3.  However, the sensitivity returns with a vengeance and I will feel better ONLY after taking additional Cytokine pills.  I'll need at least 3 to function and I'll most probably be better on 5.  The cycles do seem to be getting a little shorter in duration.  The plan is to take 3 of each until further notice and roll with it no matter what the results.

Hawaii is now less than 7 weeks away.  Part of me does not even want to go but I can't quit now with one state to go.  I don't care if my last state is Hawaii or North Dakota.  I'm going to finish this.  I figure that I need to maintain a jog:walk ratio of slightly better than 1:1 to finish.  I like my chances.  I'm going to say that I have about a 70 percent chance to do it.  I will take extra pills of both Thym-Adren to Cytokine to guard against the spike and the release.  Put it off until I am better?  NO!  That may never happen.  I may be worse come next Spring.  

I dealt with a similar pattern with the Advanced Toxin Removal.  There were several signs that indicated that the toxins were the trigger but that proved to be another dead end.  If the Cytokines are another false hope?  I will be utterly broken.  I will see the Rheumatologist but want to see how this plays out.

No comments: