Sunday, September 11, 2022

Training 9/10-9/18

 9/10- Got back from California two days ago and didn't feel as bad as I expected.  It seems like the Cytokine dependence is no longer a significant issue.  However, it never fails!  As soon as I fix one problem, another one springs up.  This time, the culprit is an adrenal spike, which is not surprising after a major problem is solved.  Hoped to walk/jog 8 miles today or at least repeat the 6.5 from 2 weeks ago.  FAIL.  Quit after just 1 mile in 12:18.  Intervals later confirmed that more Thym-Adren is needed.

There is ALWAYS at least one pill that I cannot function without and it changes every other week.  One day's medicine can be the next day's poison and I STILL have not confirmed the trigger after so many years.  What kind of mood would you be in if this was you?

Distance=1.5

9/11- Marginal improvement over yesterday.  Got through 2 miles in 23:54 (11:57 pace) with splits of 12:12-11:42.  No comment.

Distance=2.0

9/12- Repeated the 2 mile distance and my time is down to 21:56 (10:58 pace).  Splits were 11:06-10:50 and pace was pretty steady from 0.5 miles to the end.  I expect to improve steadily this week but who know about next week?  If my history is any indication, something else will pop up.

Distance=2.0

9/13- Same workout.  Time is down to 20:30 (10:15 pace) but splits are evening out (10:19-10:11).  Rate of improvement is already slowing.  Tried to run again in the evening 12 hours after taking the pills and could not run at ALL.

Distance=2,0

9/14- Turned 42 years old.  Continued to improve rather steadily.  Time for 2 miles is down to 19:15 (9:37 pace).  MINUS 38.  Again, the rate of improvement is slower than usual but a gain is a gain so I'll take it.  What is the point of confidence?  I want to see a time under 18 for 2 miles then I'll shoot for under 24 for 3 miles.  If I can make the latter, I think I'm on the way.  Long way to go.  Still bad in the afternoon and evening unless I take another dose.

PM- Again, I tried to run after not taking a pill for 12 hours and I was AWFUL.  Half mile at Montreat in 5:21 (10:42 pace).  OUCH!  If I had taken more pills, I guarantee that I'm a minute faster.  Not good that I am this dependent. 

Distance=2.5

9/15- AM- Half lap in 1:45 (10:30 pace) then took the usual 3 Thym-Adren and improved to 1:12 (7:12 pace).  MINUS 3:18!  Slow jogged another half lap.  This is not okay.  That gap had better close soon.

PM- 1.5 miles in 13:45 (9:10 pace).  MUCH better than yesterday.  The gap should diminish soon.  I figure that I would be no worse than 18:45 for a full 2 miles in spite of not taking pills for 12 hours.

Distance=2.0

9/16- 2 major points of confidence.  The Thym-Adren gap is beginning to diminish.  I managed an 89 second opener this morning (8:54 pace).  Did not run the closer but I'm sure that it would not have improved by the same amount.  I'd guess that it would be 6:30-6:45 pace versus 7:12 yesterday.

2 miles in 17:44 (8:52 pace).  Splits were 8:59-8:45.  Slow start but found a good rhythm after the first half mile.  Next goal is 3 miles in less than 24 minutes, which is what I termed as the Mendoza line.

Distance=2.5

9/17- First downer of the cycle.  5 mile walk/jog in 59:40 (11:56 pace).  Hoped to do 8 miles but could not make it.  I was doing okay through the first half but died after that.  Seems that I forgot to take the Cytokine pill this morning.  Just one missed dose and this is the result!  Not pleased.  

Distance=5.0

9/18- This time I made sure that I took 2 Cytokine pills and it was a disaster.  Only managed 1 mile and my time was over 12 minutes.  Thym-Adren did NOTHING!  I once again have an insatiable need for Cytokines.  Never fails!  I solve one problem then another one flares up.

Distance=1.0


-20.5 miles

No comments: