Tuesday, December 13, 2022

2022 Travel Stats and 2023 Plans

 I visited 15 US states in 2022.  That’s well short of my personal record of 26 but still a good year.  I’ll call it 18 because I also visited 3 Mexican states.  In several cases, I made multiple visits as well.

Alabama- Birmingham, Mobile

Tennessee- Gatlinburg, state park

Texas- El Paso, San Antonio, Port Aransas

New Mexico- Las Cruces, White Sands NP

Arizona- Tucson

South Carolina- Isle of Palms, Greenville, Columbia

North Carolina- Maggie Valley, Charlotte, Outer Banks

Georgia- Jekyll Island, state park

Florida- Tampa, Miami, Fernandina Beach, Pensacola, Panama City

Pennsylvania- Pittsburgh

Mississippi- Ship Island, Gulfport

Louisiana- New Orleans, Shreveport

Virginia- Virginia Beach

California- Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco

Hawaii- Oahu

Baja California- Tijuana

Sonora- Nogales

Chihuahua- Ciudad Juarez

Looking ahead to 2023, I’ve got Costa Rica booked for New Years and Idaho planned for President’s Day.  Over the summer, I’d like to hit the northwest.  Hopefully, Alaska and/or Oregon/Nor-Cal.  I am 6 states away from visiting all 50 states at least twice.  I’d like to get that knocked down to 3 or less.  Those states are Alaska, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Idaho and Wisconsin.  If you go by the lenient standard, I’m only missing Alaska and North Dakota.


No comments: