Sunday, December 18, 2022

Super Beets Heart Chews Product Review

 Without this product, I predict that I will be able to train steadily and consistently but my energy will remain LOW.  My time in the 5K will plateau between 27-28 minutes and I will struggle to break 1 hour in the 10K.  That's not good enough.  I don't expect to match my times from my early 30s but I certainly was not expecting this either.  As recently as 2017, I was capable of a 1:40 half marathon if I regulated my cocktail of pills perfectly.  Now, I don't think I can run 2:20 on a good day and can't even finish without regular walk breaks.  It will get worse if I don't take new action.  

Blood Pressure:

It's going to run a little on the high side and that's okay.  I'm a fast oxidizer with an adrenal dominant pattern so that's to be expected.  As long as I can keep it below 135/90, I won't worry about it at all.  Nowadays, it has been tested several times around 150/100.  That's approaching the danger zone.  Restricting my alcohol and caffeine consumption while running 3 miles per day will help but I don't think it will be enough.  Word on the street is that blood pressure medication has AWFUL side effects, so I do hope to avoid that.

The product is made by a company called human n.  It is called Super Beets heart chews, with 3 advertised claims.

-Promotes normal blood pressure as part of a healthy lifestyle

-Promotes heart healthy energy

-Supports blood flow.

I DO suspect that my blood flow is weak due to a deficiency in nitric oxide.  I didn't expect a miracle but if the product boosted my energy a bit while reducing my blood pressure, it will be well worth it.  Now that my autoimmune issues APPEAR to be resolved, there is little danger of an inexplicable reaction.  

The product arrived after work on Thursday 12/15.

I didn't expect to like the taste, but I found it was pleasant.  That was not a factor in my purchase, however.  I did not quite feel any immediate effects but within minutes, I could feel that my legs had a bit more spring and more flexibility.  Very good.  Unfortunately, it also put me to sleep for the night at 7:30 PM.  I was out until it was time to get up the next morning.  

The next morning, I took just 1 chew instead of the recommended 2.  I found that my adrenals had spiked BIGLY.  I was a lot more dependent of the Thym-Adren pills but after I took a few extra, I actually felt decent at work.  My mood was the best it had been in a long time.  By the evening however, I was fading.  The leg stiffness had returned and that did not get better until I took a 2nd chew.  In turn, that also increased my need for Thym-Adren.   

Verdict:

Jury is still out.  I REALLY HATE being dependent on both the Super Beets and the Thym-Adren once again, but I do expect that will fade in due time once I build up a reserve of the Super Beets.  The adrenal spike clearly indicates that it is doing SOMETHING.  It is common after resolving a long-standing problem.   I will report back when I start running again.  I've chosen a start date of 12/21.  That's 4 days shy of the planned 6 weeks off but I like the symbolism of the winter solstice.  It's the darkest that it is going to get.  It will be very cold over the Christmas holiday, so I expect to do nothing between 12/23-12/26.  My first two workouts will be less than 1 Mile.  I will not go longer with walk/jogging.  It will be all running.  If I can't go long distance, so be it.  I do have a rather ambitious goal to finish an unofficial 5K on New Years Eve.  New Years Day, I'll be in Costa Rica.  I won't do much there either but should be able to manage a couple of junk runs.  It won't be much hotter than 85 degrees, but the humidity will be brutal.   

No comments: