Monday, May 22, 2023

Training 5/22-5/28

 UPDATE:  Another attempt to return to steady training.  It seems like I can tolerate Coke but not Red Bull.  That really doesn't make sense.  A 20 oz Coke has more sugar and almost as much caffeine.  

5/22- AM- 1.5 miles on north Lakeshore in 17:24 (11:35 pace).  OUCH.  It's been nearly 48 hours since I had an energy drink and I'm still going through withdrawal.

PM- MUCH better.  2.5 miles on South Lakeshore in 23:42 (9:29 pace) in spite of drinking a 16 oz Coke (actually Pepsi) but it's southern lingo.  I don't understand why this is happening but I'm going to roll with it until the end of the week then try to eliminate the Coke.

Distance=4.0

5/23- 3 miles on North Lakeshore in 28:18 (9:26 pace).  The goal is gradual but steady improvement from this point forward.  I was only marginally better today.  I did add a half mile and this route has more hills than yesterday so not bad.  I did hope to see a little better.  Again, no energy drinks but I have been drinking Coke.  Even pace despite the back half being mostly uphill.

Distance=3.0

5/24- 2x1 mile on South Lakeshore.  1st mile was 9:57, 2nd mile was 9:27.  I was BETTER after drinking a Coke.  Yesterday, I felt like I was over-stimulated and thought I needed more Thym-Adren.  I probably overdid it a bit.  I was weakened but not disabled, which is what should happen.  The stimulation from the caffeine probably HELPED.  If my dose was too low, caffeine probably makes things worse.

Distance=2.0

- 3 miles of junk running the rest of the week.

- 10 miles total.

Took a Memorial Day road trip.  Interesting findings along the way.  

I became intolerant to alcohol then later intolerant to Coke.

BUT when I increased the Probiotic dosage, it was better.

No comments: