Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Vitamin C and Candida/ Training Update

 I got a random idea to try some old Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid form) from my cabinet.  I wasn't expecting anything to happen but I got an immediate POSITIVE response.  It shut down the adrenal spike.  In fact, I was actually slightly worse after taking extra Thym-Adren.  Even better, I can now tolerate the Probiotics and ACV.  Only problem is that I have an insatiable need for the Vitamin C now.

My research does confirm that C does indeed play a role in Candida cleanse.  Still, I am baffled by how this played out and something tells me that this will not be the last chapter.  Why did the adrenals spike?  Why do I need the Vitamin C to tolerate the Probiotics?  I'm giving it one more chance on this formula.  If I relapse again, I will nag the Rheumatologist until I get an appointment.  Again, steady and gradual improvement is the goal.  I will also try the Whole Food C to see if it is as effective.

5/8- AM- 1 Mile in 11:52 on Lakeshore.  OUCH!  At least the pace was even.  

PM- No additional pills at Montreat - 1:51 (11:06 pace)

Probiotics and ACV- 1:41 (10:06 pace)

Vitamin C- 1:17 (7:42 pace)

Significant improvement on the Candida treatment but it was not a night and day difference until I added the C.  ?????

Distance=1.5

5/9- 2.5 on Lakeshore in 27:02 (10:49 pace).  Not setting the world on fire but it was significantly better than yesterday.  Negative split is a good sign (13:41-13:21).

Distance=2.5

5/10- 3 miles in 32:42 (10:54 pace).  Marginally better than yesterday.  Showed some life at the end.  Splits were 16:41-16:01 and the last .3 miles were at low-mid 9 pace.

Distance - 3.0

UPDATE:

This one is BIG.  I've concluded that caffeine increases my demand for Vitamin C but when I'm off it, I can't tolerate mega doses.  I'm going to aggressively treat the candida and try again to stay off caffeine.  When that happens, hopefully I don't need the Vitamin C but if I do, it will be lowered doses.

No comments: