Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Training 3/11-3/17

 3/11- Adrenal spike hit hard yesterday afternoon.  All I could do was junk intervals.  Best showing was 1 lap at Montreat in 3:27 (10:21 pace).  Curious finding.  I was slightly better on both the NAC and the Moly.  Not sure what to do about that going forward.  NAC alone won't work.  Not sure about Moly alone.  Maybe neither.  I didn't see a significant improvement until I took mega Thym Adren.

Distance-1.0

3/12-AM.  Adrenal spike appears to be over.  1 mile in 11:40 but I was slightly worse after the extra Thym-Adren today.  Splits were 5:43-5:57.

PM- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 20:36 (10:18 pace) with splits of 10:22-10:14.  It was UGLY but I am encouraged by the improvement over the morning.  I doubled the distance and increased the pace by 1:22 per mile while laying off the Thym-Adren.  I expect continued improvement tomorrow.

Distance=3.0

3/13- Junk intervals.  Insatiable need for Moly has kicked in just as I feared.  I improved from 1:46 to 1:10 at Montreat but just a few hours later, I needed more pills.  This probably won't last long.  

Distance-1.0

3/14- AM.  1 mile at Montreat in 9:42.  Nothing special.  Slight negative split.  Need for Moly appears to be fading already.

PM- 2 miles in 19:08 (9:34 pace).  Splits were 9:40-9:28.  Improvement over the morning.  I'll take it.  The need for Moly is fading but it's still there.  Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.  I hope to squeeze in a morning session but it may be rained out 

Distance-3.0

3/15- Rain did hold off but I didn't press my luck on Lakeshore.  Vestavia Mile in 8:12 (4:10-4:02) with a 1:57 last go round.  Best time of the year by 14 seconds.  Can I fairly compare a track run to the Montreat loop?  I think so.  I'm nearly certain that Montreat is 20-30 yards short of 1 Mile but that's offset by the hills so I call it even.  I'm still 32 seconds short of my reset PR.  That's it for today.  It will get nasty this afternoon.

Distance-1.0

3/16- COLLAPSE.  Hoped to run at least 4 miles but had to settle for 1 in a pitiful 10:40.  Felt decent early but it got worse and worse as it progressed.  Splits were 4:50-5:50.  Culprit was too much CBS/NOS (same effect as moly).   Where to go from here?  I don't know.  I did re-order the Moly but I hope that I can stabilize on just 1 CBS/NOS pill. Either that or I quit the CBS/NOS and just rely on the Moly.  

Distance=1.0

3/17- Found out yesterday that Zinc is BAD.  I cannot take it with CBS/NOS, probably because of the copper depletion.  Today, I started on CBS/NOS and got noticeably better on 1 pill.  Opened with a 3:38 lap at Montreat (10:54 pace).  Popped another and improved to 3:33 (10:39 pace).  At these pace, I don't consider this to be a significant improvement.  At least it didn't hurt me.  The only thing that helped was extra Thym-Adren.  I don't think it's an adrenal spike.  It's probably a Zn.Cu imbalance.  I felt better because it contains more Cu relative to Zn.  Improved to 3:02 (9:06 pace), which is most definitely a significant improvement.  

Going forward:

CBS/NOS plus Zinc is a DEFINITE NO.  Zinc alone as well as Moly+ Zinc is probably a NO.    

It will either be Moly alone, CBS/NOS alone or both.  Zinc may be added back at a later date but at a lower dose or on an occasional basis.

Distance=2.0

-12 miles on the week.



No comments: