Monday, March 18, 2024

Training 3/18-3/24

 3/18- Took no Zinc or Vitamin C today and I was a lot better.  Opened with a 200 at Vestavia at Mile effort in 72 seconds (9:36 pace).  Popped just ONE CBS/NOS pill and I was down to 61 (8:08 pace) on the same effort.  I figured that pace was sustainable for a Mile and I was correct. I actually did better.

Finished in 7:52 (1:54-2:01-2:01-1:56).  Best time of the year and I'm now within 12 of my reset PR.  I am pleased with the improvement but I HATE BEING SO DEPENDENT ON JUST ONE PILL!  I predict that I will need it again this afternoon.  May be back out in the evening.

PM- 1.5 miles in 13:41 (9:07 pace).  Looks like a run of the mill workout but if you dig deeper, it's an interesting outcome.  Splits were 7:32-6:09.  It was a steady 10 minute pace until the turnaround then I popped the pill.  No additional effort but my pace improved to 8:12 on the back half.  Figure that if I was going all out, I could have matched the 7:52 give or take a few ticks.  

As expected, I DID need the pill again.  Strangely, if I take multiple pills, I won't see a significant improvement versus just 1 pill.  It must be taken in divided doses.  I predict that this extreme need will eventually fade and it will happen suddenly.

Distance=3.0

3/19- Nothing should surprise me anymore.  Today, I got out surprisingly well without the pill then got MUCH WORSE after taking it early in the run.  I planned on 2 miles but had to settle for 1 in a time of 9:58.  Splits were 4:25-5:33.  That's right.  Yesterday's medicine was today's poison.  This is nothing new but this collapse hit me especially hard.  It's becoming increasingly clear that I need to see the Rheumatologist.

Distance-1.0

3/20- Worse than horrible in the morning but better in the afternoon.  I laid off the CBS NOS but it will take time to clear.  Did 2 laps at Montreat in 6:39 (9:59 pace).  First lap was 3:20 then was fractionally better on the NAC.  Non-factor.  Just what I wanted to see.  No improvement but it didn't hurt me.  Hopefully I don't need it again and will continue to improve by staying off the CBS NOS.  I may have a little caffeine withdrawal this weekend.

Distance-1.0

3/21- One thing after another.  2 miles in 18:18 (9:09 pace).  Looks like one of my better efforts this year but there is trouble on the horizon.  Splits were 8:48-9:30.  Feels like an adrenal spike and another bad weekend ahead.

PM- As expected, the adrenal spike hit HARD shortly after the work day started.  I was forced on mega Thym-Adren to function.  Then, surprisingly, it was over before the end of the day, which left me sluggish due to the excess.

Distance-2.0

3/22- AM-Back to the normal dose of Thym-Adren but it was still too much.  1 mile in 11:52.  I don't recall the exact splits but the pace was pretty even, maybe a hair faster on the back half.  I expected to struggle but I didn't expect it to be THIS bad.  Good news is that I took a CBS/NOS pill afterwards and felt nothing.  It was medicine early in the week then poison later.  Now, it seems to be a non-factor.  That is VERY good news.  

PM- The CBS/NOS definitely didn't hurt me.  I don't think it helped though.  I was better because the adrenals are getting back to equilibrium after yesterday's mega dose.  Repeated the 1 Mile distance this time at Montreat and my time is down to 10:04.  Popped a Zinc at the halfway point and was slightly better but not enough to be significant.  Splits were 5:06-4:58.  Caffeine withdrawal may be rough this weekend but I had to use it to get through a tough week at work.  

Distance=2.0

3/23- Woke up sluggish despite not taking Thym-Adren for 24 hours.  Decided to try it without pills.  Clocked a 3:11 lap (9:33 pace), barely enough to be significant and was expecting better.  Did a 3:13 on CBS/NOS, which is definitely NOT significant.  That pill is officially a non-factor, which is very good news   Bad news is that I still can't take the Thym Adren.  I slipped to 3:38 (10:54 pace) on that stuff.  Modulator seemed to help.

Distance -1.0

3/24- Went with the modulator and started off pretty well.  Power cut off just after the half mile mark.  Determined to finish 2 miles no matter how ugly.  Finished in 20:46 (10:23 pace) with splits of 9:32-11:14.  Modulator is not the answer.  Stimulant only made it worse.  I can't tolerate any type of adrenal support!   What to do now?  I have no problem with any other pill.  All I can do is lay off and I expect the need to kick back in.

Distance-2.0

-12 miles


No comments: