Sunday, April 28, 2024

Candida Dump and Taurine

 Well, as luck would have it, right in the middle of my NYC trip, I got SLAMMED by a Candida dump.  I was rudely awakened at 2 AM by crippling abdominal pain and weakness.  I could not go to the bathroom or fall back asleep.  Fortunately, the duration and severity were less than the 2 previous dumps.  I was only laid up a half a day and had no fever.  By the evening, I wasn’t feeling good by any stretch, but I was well enough to go out and do some sightseeing.  The next day, I was slightly better but still in no condition to run.  I did do a full day of touring in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Jersey City and covered significant distance on my walks.   In the past, the quick fix solution was large doses of NAC to assist the Liver with Candida detox.  I’m going to try a different approach this time around.  I’ll let the detox run its course without the NAC. 

The last two times, too much NAC did result in quick gains but a sudden reversal because of excess Sulfur in the NAC.  That forced me on an anti-Sulfur product called CBS/NOS.  Molybdenum was also effective.  Again, it proved to be only temporary as the pendulum swung too far in the opposite direction.  Eventually, I reached an equilibrium in which neither was very effective but at least both were tolerated.  That was followed by an adrenal spike. 

Perhaps if I don’t mess with the NAC, I won’t see the wild swings and reversals.  I did do an interval test yesterday and it was UGLY.  Good news was that the Taurine was a non-factor.  I was faster by a fraction of a second with it versus without it.  I will try to go without it and hope the amount in Colostrum is sufficient.  The Colostrum remains both necessary and effective even after the Candida dump so that’s what I am going to use.  Unfortunately, I do see another adrenal spike in my future, but I should not have issues with the Thym-Adren.  If I overshoot, I’ll only have one or two rough days. 

UPDATE:

New episode this weekend.  I got the idea to add a little more milk to my diet, which had been lacking in recent years.  I had a McDonald's milkshake for dinner on Friday and felt no discernable issues.  However, after taking my usual Magnesium before bed, my legs felt like they'd been hit by a truck.  I tried to run on Saturday morning and could not hold a 12-minute pace.  

I drank a bottle of chocolate milk shortly thereafter and felt MUCH WORSE!  Additional Magnesium made it WORSER!  The only thing that I had in my cabinet that mitigated some of the damage was Taurine.  That answers all the questions.  Do I need the Taurine even though it is an ingredient in Colostrum?  DEFINITELY YES!  I need to lay off the Probiotics and I will even take a break from the Magnesium for a few weeks to see what happens.  I actually ran my best WITH a Magnesium deficiency!  That said, being deficient did cause other issues such as allergies and numbness.  

No comments: