Monday, August 24, 2026

Training 8/24-9/1

 8/24- VERY INTERESTING FINDINGS!

Took neither the Paramin nor the B-complex and opened with an abysmal 91 for 200 meters.  Took 2 Paramin expecting to be worse.  Improved significantly to a 79 then confirmed that it was no fluke.  Took stand alone Cal, which brought me down to 58.  

Took just 1 B-complex.  Passed 200 in 41.x and continued.  Tied up in the homestretch but still managed an 86-flat for 400.  That's right.  I was more than twice as fast with the right pills.  Just 2.8 ticks off the reset PR.  A Mile would have been well under 8, maybe 7:30.  Added a lap cool.

Distance-1.0

Reaction:

Paramin has too much Magnesium.  It will only work if combined with stand alone Cal within the past few days.  I still need to tweak it and make adjustments.  Eventually, the stand alone Cal will be replaced with Mag.

Update:

Noticeably WORSE after an additional stand alone Cal.  Until further notice, it will be 1 Cal plus X number of Paramin every morning.  I'll need to test that out.  As good as I was in the 400 this morning, I don't think I hit the formula perfectly.  If I had taken another couple of Paramin with just 1 Cal, I may have broken 80.  At my age with diminished fitness, that would be pretty good.  I STILL HAVE THE TALENT!

8/25- 5x200 at Vestavia plus a 600 cool down.  

Took everything except the Cal and Paramin before I started, including the B-complex.

Opener-67

Cal-63

1 Paramin-53

3 Paramin- 39.69

5 Paramin- 37.76

4 is probably the optimal.  Even though I was almost 2 seconds faster on 5, it felt harder.  Additional pills later made it noticeably worse.  

The effort on 3 felt sustainable over 400.  I didn't go all out because I needed to save strength for the last one.  Sub-80 is definitely possible, which suggests that I can do damage to my Mile PR as well.  

Sadly, the formula probably won't work for long.  The Cal will soon be replaced with Mag when that ratio normalizes.  I will go with it until that happens.

Update: MUCH WORSE after 3 extra Paramin.  I figured that a 2nd Cal pill would re-balance the ratio.  (2/8 same as 1/4).  Nope! Much worse after another Cal.  Got better after Mag.  I expected this to happen but not this fast.  PLEASE LET THIS BE THE END OF IT!

1 MILE untimed on Lakeshore and it was awful 

Distance-2.0

8/26- Unplanned rest day.  Discernable improvement after Mag.  I will not load on it for a quick fix.  Instead, I will strive for a 1:1 Cal Mag ratio.  Is this the end of it?

8/27- 1 Mile at Vestavia in 9:24.  Not good by any stretch but I will take it.  I will not load on Mag for a quick fix and risk overshooting.  Instead, I will stay with the 1:1 ratio.  

Decent pacing (4:40-4:44) with something left at the end but very low on energy.  This was a LOT BETTER than 36 hours ago.  

Distance-1.0

8/28- 3 miles on Lakeshore in 30:48 (10:16 pace).  Again, I hoped for better but I will take it.  Most important thing is that I made it through the distance.  Faded badly on the back half but found some juice at the end.  Splits were 9:58-10:07-10:43.  Last 0.2 was 1:56 or else Mile 3 would have been near 11.  

Distance-3.0

8/29- Just some strides at the lake.  Couldn't find a good trail.  A little more stiff today and I will be  more aggressive with the treatment tomorrow.

Distance-1.0

8/30- More intervals.  Got better with every pill UNTIL excess Thym Adren.

Opener- 64

Methylation-55

B-complex- 45

Paramin-40

3 Thym Adren- 34

6 Thym Adren-43

Added a short cool.  Took extra Magnesium in the evening, which made it much worse.  Perhaps the Mag reduced the need for Thym Adren.  Perhaps I simply overshot the Cal Mag balance.  

Distance-1.0

No comments: