Tuesday, May 12, 2009

training May 10th-16th (reverse taper)

5/10- flew back to Atlanta and drove to Monty. Stopped at a HS track and jogged a mile as a shake out run. Of course, I didn't push at all and felt great afterwards. Time was 7:52. Absolutely amazing that I was capable of running at all the day after a marathon. I could have gone at least 3 at that pace but again I am crazy, not stupid.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=1.0
5/11- 4 miles easy. Didn't feel much better than yesterday and should take a day off soon. Pace was a steady 7:55 early then I allowed myself a mild pick up at the end to finish in 31:30.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0
5/12- found an apartment within 10 minutes of my new job in Birmingham (YES!), 6.5 miles easy and untimed. Breezed through it.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.5
5/13-planned day off. Celebrated my new job.
5/14- 4 mile tempo in 28:40 (7:10 pace). Solid performance. Pleasantly tired at the end but not beat up, just like I should feel. Body felt a little weak but still not bad after a night of beer drinking, which I do not do very often. Splits were 14:24/14:16.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=4.5
5/15-Horrible performance. Felt decent warming up but managed just 2.5 miles in 22:22. Started out around 8:30 pace and finished at 9:30 pace. Feels like I am low on GABA. Simple fix and I should feel better tomorrow.
Grade:F+/1 credit/distance=3.0
5/16- Nice improvement over yesterday but still didn't have top form. 9.5 in Birmingham with a new running buddy then jogged 1.5 at the Hoover Rec center to check it out. Hectic day and crashed out when I got back to Monty. Abnormally sore. May need to quit taking Serene.
Grade: B-/2 credits/distance=11.0
Weekly summary: Hectic week, not because of running. Very pleased with how I recovered from the marathon, not so pleased with how I'm feeling now. Hair test will be done very soon.
Distance= 30.0/Weekly GPA= 23.0/8 credits= 2.875

1 comment:

Da Weekend Warrior said...

By not taking a couple of days off, you are prolonging the healing process of your muscles... you have microtears that are not evident. Feels fine to run that pace now... just wait til next week when you try to do some tempos... just sayin... ur crazy, not stupid, LOL!!!!!!