Sunday, September 6, 2009

training 9/6-9/12

9/6- I wish that I was in Miss'sippy racing today. As it is, I ran an all out 5 mile on Lakeshore instead and my time was a pedestrian 37:49 (7:34 pace). Faded pretty badly in 2nd half so good call on the no go. Splits were 7:19-7:19-7:29-7:49-7:53. Still stiff and sluggish. This was more than 4 minutes slower than my PR but still a nice improvement over yesterday and the day before.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=5.0
9/7- AM- Lakeshore run. Hit the wall after Mile 3 (23:30), walked 1.5 then ran the last 800 in a pathetic 4:35. That's less than half the speed of my PR at that distance.
Grade:F+/1 credit/distance=3.5
PM- Vestavia 2 Mile time trial after taking chromium. Felt somewhat like myself for the first time in a week. Finished at 12:23 (6:02-6:21). Laps 6 and 7 sucked. Yesterday, I was more than 4 minutes from a 5 Mile PR. Today, I was within 52 seconds in a 2 Mile. Significant improvement but I was not pleased at all that I had to take the chromium to do this. I'll explain in my "need to vent" post. Probably good for a mid-high 20s in a 5K, which isn't very good but I'll be lenient with the grade since it was my best run in the last 7 days,
Grade:B-/2 credits/distance=2.5
9/8-Took half a chromium and it was too much. Legs were fine but could not breathe. Hoped to run an easy 10 today but I was cooked after 5. Time was around 39 but GPS died on me. I will try to settle on 1 chromium every 3 days. AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGG!
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance5.0
9/9- Trak Shak 8 @ 7:53. That's not even close to a course PR and Preston nailed me in the 2nd half but still clearly an improvement over yesterday. No chromium and lots of taurine. Got heckled and had to go an extra half mile because the bridge was flooded. This brings me back up above 2.0 and I have beaten last week's mileage on just 4 days. I still have a chance to run close to 45 miles this week. Even a 2.27 GPA would be my best in 4 weeks and I still have a chance to do that. Moderately easy tomorrow, rest Friday, long Saturday.
Grade:B-/2 credits/distance=8.5
9/10- Lakeshore 6.5 run in an even 50-flat (7:42 pace). Dead even pace (25:00-25:00). I don't think I've ever done that in a run. Miles 3-6 were all within 5 seconds of each other and 3 of the 6 were exactly 7:45. Still a little stiff and had sloppy form but this is the best I've felt since early last week. It's about fricken' time! Rest tomorrow, long Saturday.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=6.5
9/11-picked a good day to rest. rain almost all day. Woke up feeling awful then took chromium and loosened up. Hopefully, 1 every 3-4 days.
9/12- AM-9.5@ 8:52 pace. At my best, I can run twice the distance nearly a minute faster per mile. Awful yet again. I get a passing grade for not quitting. Too much taurine?
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=9.5
PM- Vestavia 4 @ 7:22 and closed with a 1:32 last quarter. plus a cool down. Too much taurine was the right answer. Only 2 missed doses made a significant difference. AN ADJUSTMENT EVERY FEW WEEKS? I can deal with that. EVERY FEW DAYS? NO!
Grade: B-/1 credit/distance=4.5
Weekly summary:
Difficult to sugarcoat this. I'm still quite angry but I did hit the mileage target. Low GPA but the mileage total was my highest since marathon training. I ran 8 times but some of them were so pathetic they should not even count.
Distance=45.0/ GPA=21.4/10= 2.14 (4th straight week below a C+ avg)

No comments: