Monday, August 31, 2009

training 8/30-9/5

8/30- 4 miles at Vestavia @ 7:30. A little too fast but I like that I had the energy to do this. Mild pick up in the last 200. Even splits.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0
8/31-Lakeshore 6 in 46:12 (7:42 pace). Again, that's a little fast but these paces should slow down when I get some more mileage under my belt. Started a bit fast but never went over 7:50. Felt very strong and could have kept going much longer. This was 3:21 marathon pace and it felt almost effortless.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.0
9/1- Long intervals. Transition phase of training is in full swing. 3x1Mile intervals with a 4 min. passive R. Times were 6:02-5:58-5:54 for an average of 5:58. No fast quarter for dessert because my groin was tender. Hopefully, it will be okay tomorrow. Overall, a fair assessment of my current fitness. I wanted to average 6-flat, which I did but to run a PR 5K, I need to average 6:10 with no rest. Today, I could not have done that. I hit my goal so this goes in the books as "good" but not "excellent"
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=4.5
9/2- Groin was not okay the next day. Not knowing if this is an injury or just more abnormal muscle soreness is really making me feel uneasy. Hopefully I just need to adjust my formula again. 4 days away from race day. What a shock! Both right and left groins were killing me all day so I skipped the Trak Shak run and simply jogged a mile in 8:00 which left my groin feeling about the same. If this is a strained muscle, I don't think I could have done any running at all.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance=1.0
9/3- Lakeshore 5 miler untimed but at an easy effort. Significant improvement over the previous day but still a little sluggish and stiff in the groin area. The improvement could have been as a result of adding zinc or cutting out Serine. One of the two. I'm 50/50 on Tupelo and if I run, it will only be a training run. No pressure.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0
9/4-Took Serine in the morning and felt miserable for the rest of the day. Unscheduled rest day and too sore to even try. I'm cutting out the Serine for good but I may need a 1/2 chromium every few days. No go on Tupelo and the race is sold out anyway. I am not pleased but at least I'll save some money but not racing this weekend.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0
9/5-Today I was only mildly sore and mildly depressed. I really didn't feel like doing anything except staying in bed but I forced myself to get out there this afternoon. 2 miles pretty much all out in a time of 15:15 (more than 3 minutes off my PR). This was an improvement over the day before.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.5
Weekly Summary:
Distance= 23.0 GPA= 2.09
Nothing more to say that is not already obvious.

No comments: