Sunday, February 21, 2010

training 2/21-2/28

2/21- I really was planning on resting for 2 more weeks but I really believe that my Achilles is healed and the prolotherapy has worked. I am getting tested for low testosterone, which is a fairly common problem for someone who has had adrenal fatigue. I feel physically stronger since the initial treatment. Vestavia Mile in 6:49.2 (1:53-1:49-1:47-1:20). The final lap was my fastest 400 of the year and got on my toes without pain. I'm guessing that this would have been 30 seconds faster if I had gone out harder.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=1.5

2/22- Veteran's Park 2 untimed at a leisurely pace until a mild kick at the very end. My Achilles held up very well and I actually forgot about that injury. My hip pain was more annoying than usual and the location of the pain was higher on the leg than usual. I wish my next round of prolotherapy was sooner. Until then, I will reduce the taurine and hope that it doesn't make me feel jittery, which it probably will. Maybe the low testosterone is the reason why I am so sensitive to that supplement. The doc did say that it will feel better on some days than others. I can't take this much longer.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=2.0

2/23- Planned rest day. Hips are still quite sore.

2/24- Reduced taurine and the hip pain diminished but as expected, I got jittery and had to take some more then felt the hip pain again. It does seem that I am trending back down. Trak Shak 3 in 22:30 (7:30 pace). Splits: 7:48-7:28-7:14. I'll take it.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

2/25- Vestavia Mile in 5:56.8 with no trace of Achilles pain. Best time of the year. I am clearly trending down regarding the taurine. I took 1/2 pill less today and still had some hip discomfort. I should do a hair test soon. Splits: 88-93-91-84. Can I run 40 seconds faster this summer?
Grade:C+/2 credits/distance=1.5

2/26-Planned rest day.

2/27- Brownell/Lakeshore run with Scott and Cary. Made it 6.5, which is my longest run since the injury. My injured Achilles was fine. I felt a trace of soreness in my non-injured one. I'm not too worried about it. Even if I do hurt it, I know that prolotherapy will fix it and round 2 is on 3/12 anyway. No taurine today before the run and no ill-effects. Overall pace was on the slow side at 8:14 but the final 1.5 was at 7:20 pace. I'll take it. Felt about average.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=6.5

2/28- Planned rest day.

Weekly summary:
On the mend and it sure feels good to be back. It'll be even better if I can somehow get freedom from that taurine. I did order a hair test. No more than 30 next week then Crazy J will be back.
Distance= 14.5/ GPA= 12.3/6= 2.05

No comments: