Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Training 4/11-4/17

4/11- Unplanned rest day. Still not feeling well

4/12- Lakeshore 8.5 naked (no watch) and it was not a pretty sight. The groin continues to get worse. I believe that it is the pills. I've been going steadily downhill for almost a week. Is it the copper or the magnesium or both? We shall see how I perform tomorrow. Any improvement will be a plus. It was not just the groin. I was sore all over so that is a sign that it's the pills. I was getting passed by slow runners on the trail. Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=8.5

4/13- After cutting both the copper and magnesium, I saw significant improvement today. I hope that it's the copper that's the problem and my research leads me to believe that it is indeed. Magnesium should help but will it be enough to stave off the chromium dependency? Workout was Trak Shak 8 with a moving time of 57:10 (7:09 pace for an even 8). Pretty even pace. 7 out of 8 miles were 7:15 or below. 1st half 28:28, 2nd half 28:42. That's still 20 seconds/mile down on my course PR and I had to make 2 pit stops. Nothing to write home about but it was a nice improvement. Also, the groin/hip was about 60% better today.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=8.0

4/14- Veteran's Park 4 for the first time in a while. It's a slow gravel trail so I don't put too much stock in my time. First and last quarter mile were fast but the rest of the run was around 7:40 pace. Overall time was 29:54 (7:29 pace). Felt about the same as yesterday on all counts. Both the energy level and groin soreness were comparable to yesterday. Not a bad showing overall but I was hoping for a little better.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.5

4/15- Planned rest day. I am listed as "probable" for Statue2Statue. This one is nothing more than a fun run. I'm not 100% and really don't care how I do. Update: The copper may have messed with my thyroid so I took 1/2 a thyroid supplement and it pretty much knocked me out last night. I expect to be ready tomorrow.

4/16- Statue2Statue 15K in 64:15 officially. 6:53 pace for 9.33 miles.
2.5 mile warm and 2 mile cool.
Grade:A/3 credits/distance=14.0

4/17- Just your basic run of the mill easy 6 on Lakeshore in a time of 47:50 (7:58 pace). No, I would not have cared if it had been over 8:00. Ran it at 2 PM in pleasant 70 degree conditions and this may be the last time I'll be able to do that until Fall. Splits were very even (7:54-8:02) and the 2 miles that were over 8 were slightly uphill. No complaints for day after a tough race.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

Weekly summary:
Good and uplifting performance at Statue2Statue and managed to hit a decent mileage total on just 5 days of training. I'm going with the magnesium and ADHS and sticking with it. Made the honor roll with a "D" grade. LOL.
Distance=41.0/GPA=25.3/8= 3.16

No comments: