Monday, February 11, 2019

Training 2/11-2/17

2/11- Gold's 4 miler in 31:40 (7:55 pace).  Not a bad showing.  I've now made it 5 days without a relapse and this is the 2nd day off the Molybdenum.  Aimed for a pace between 8:00-8:15 and came in a little fast.  I went out at 7:40 then intentionally backed off and felt pretty comfortable on the back half.  The paces will slow when I get more mileage under my belt.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=4.5

2/12- Gold's 5 in 39:38 (7:56 pace).  Extra mile at the same pace.  6 days with no relapse.  This time, I went out slower and was more consistent with the splits.  In fact, the first half and second half were nearly dead even.  I'll take it.  Added another half mile cool.
Distance=5.5

2/13- Salazar 300s at Mountain Brook.  8 reps with a 100 jog in between.  1st 7 were 62-63 then closed with a 58 so I had some left but was still tired.  Overall pace was just north of 5:30 for the intervals.  A 6:00 pace is only a 67.5 for 300 so if I'm not in sub-6 shape yet, I am very close.  Solid performance overall.  This was a mild workout compared to what I've done in the past but I want to ease back in.  Next time, I want to shoot for 10 reps at a similar pace.  Added a warm and cool.
Distance=3.0

2/14- Lakeshore 4 in 33:19 (8:20 pace).  Not surprised or disappointed that I struggled today coming off a quality session.  Faded to 8:30 on the back half.  That's a fade NOT a collapse.  Body is sore today especially the calves but again, that's to be expected after running on my toes.
Distance=4.0

2/15- Planned rest day.  I need it.

2/16- UGLY long run but at least I finished it. 10 miles in 96:27 (9:39 pace).  Aimed for a 9 minute pace but could not hold it and slipped to over 10 by the last 3 miles.  Route was hilly early then flattened at the end.  I believe this is my longest run since Detroit back in October.  Signed up for Wilmington in 5 weeks.  Lots of work to do.
Distance=10.0

2/17- 3 mile recovery jog in 29:03 (9:41 pace).  This is what I planned to do today.  Felt about the same as yesterday but I did manage to sustain an even pace this time.  Route was 9 loops around the parking lot of the new condo.  Each loop is almost exactly a third of a mile with rolling terrain.  It's a decent option for a junk run.
Distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
Managed 30 miles for just the 2nd time this year.  2 lessons learned: The first is that a sub-8 pace for standard issue workouts is too fast for my current fitness level if I want to run 30-35 MPW.  Second, if I am to cheat on the caffeine restrictions, it must be limited to once per week.  I think the withdrawal was as much to blame for the poor weekend showing as the fast paces early in the week.  On a positive note, the current supplement formula is still tolerated and it's been 10 days.
Distance= 30.0/ YTD= 138

No comments: