Thursday, November 14, 2019

Four Relapses

No training updates recently because my running has been absolutely dreadful so far in November.  4 times in the last 4 weeks, I have been FORCED off pills that were, until very recently, NECESSARY for me to function.  I even tried to quit one of them back in September, which turned disastrous after just 4 days off it.  This is par for the course nowadays.  In between, I did manage a 22:36 for 3 miles but as is always the case, I collapse just as my hopes are rising.

Here are the pills that I've been forced off in order:
Lithium
DIM with Maca
Sarcosine
TMG

Both the DIM/Maca and the Sarcosine once greatly improved by sensitivity to the pills and were once thought to be the key.  TMG was once necessary for me to tolerate methyl folate.  What is especially unnerving to me is that I was FORCED OFF!  By that, I mean that the pill triggered an immediate reaction such that I had the usual flu-like malaise with VERY sore muscles and no flexibility. 

Here is what should happen:
The pill will become ineffective and seemingly unnecessary.  After maybe 5-10 days, you are still performing at the same level without the pill but when you do take it again, it's a non-factor.  That's being set free from a pill.  By contrast, I was forced off.  It will take 3 days for it to clear.  Not surprisingly, I cheated on caffeine.  I kinda had to get through the day at work/  Since I am on phone duty, I could not afford to take the day off. 

On the bright side:
I am saving money by not ordering so many bottles of pills.  I cannot see another relapse on the horizon (I've been wrong countless times) because there is a genetic need for all of my other pills.  The TRS is more effective anyways than the DIM/Sarcosine at controlling the sensitivity. 

Here is my current cocktail:
-TRS
-Magnesium
-CBS/NOS caps
-Methyl Folate
-B-complex
-Stand alone B-12 (rotation with Liver)
  I really can't imagine any of these triggering a relapse.  I'm in BIG trouble if they do!  I have the CBS/NOS, MTHFR and MTRR mutations so I NEED those pills. 

Another piece of news that is a relief to me:
The lines on my thumb nails are likely NOT a sign of organ damage after all.  The skin is simply infected from picking at my cuticles.  It's washboard nails, not Beau's Lines.  It was just a coincidence that they appeared at the time my steep decline began.  It is highly doubtful that this poses any real threat to my health.  Sustained improvement must begin NOW!

No comments: