Monday, November 18, 2019

Training 11/18-11/24

One last chance to get back on track.  The glycine triggered a relapse last week and I had to use caffeine to get me through work and that too triggered a relapse.  Fortunately, the withdrawal was not as severe as in the past.

11/18- AM 1 mile at Montreat in 8:51.  Splits were 4:32-4:19.  Ouch.  This was an improvement over yesterday's 9:47.

PM- 3 miles at Gold's in 25:53 (8:38 pace).  About what I expected at this stage.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=4.5

11/19-AM.  Repeated the Montreat Mile and my time is down to 7:58.  MINUS 53 compared to yesterday but I am not pleased with how I felt.  Afternoons are usually better than the mornings.  Added a half mile cool.

PM- Lakeshore 4 in 32:28 (8:07 pace).  As expected, it was an improvement over the morning session.  I was 15:56 at the half but faded to a 16:32 on the back half.  I bet I'm right on the edge of the Mendoza line now.  Cheated a bit on the diet today but no problem.  Don't make a habit of it.  As long as the pills don't give me trouble, I won't need caffeine.
Distance=5.5

11/20- AM.  Montreat Mile in 7:27.  MINUS 31.  Noticeably better than yesterday.  Shoot for a sub-7 tomorrow.

PM- Gold's 3 in 23:51 (7:57 pace).  I was expecting to finish well below the Mendoza line today but instead, I just barely squeaked under.  Not a significant improvement over yesterday.  Perhaps, it's not an improvement at all but at least it's not a relapse.  I know I've got more in me than this.  Perhaps I got dinged a little bit from yesterday cheating.  I did NOT consume sugar or caffeine today but did drink alcohol tonight.  We'll see if it has any effect.
Distance-4.0

11/21- AM- Alcohol triggered a relapse.  I only drank the equivalent of 2 beers so that's hardly a binge.  The conventional wisdom was that sugared drinks are a no-no but alcohol is okay.  Not so!    There is a clear limit to how much non-water drinks that I can handle.  I had best not push my luck.  Didn't even try to run.

PM- Not as bad as I feared.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 16:50 (8:25 pace) with splits of 8:36-8:14.  Very interesting.  I was better than expected because I did not take any TRS this afternoon.  When I did take it, I was noticeably worse.
Distance=2.0
Reaction:
Forbidden drinks will not trigger much of a reaction UNLESS I take the full dose of TRS.   Very interesting.  Still, I won't get good long-term results without the TRS.    Another piece of good news:  Lithium was a non-factor and so too was the DIM.

11/22- AM-The dreaded better with or without test.  3x1 lap at Montreat.  Started off with a 2:49 naked.  Took TMG, which triggered a relapse just 10 days earlier.  Today, it was a non-factor.   I did the same lap and repeated the 2:49.  That's THE definition of a non-factor.  However, 5 sprays of TRS slowed me up considerably.  I managed just a 3:17 with it (PLUS 84/mile).  I responded by cheating again.

PM- Once again, not nearly as bad as I feared.  3 miles at Gold's in 24:45 (8:15 pace) with splits of 12:29-12:16.  If I had taken the TRS, I would have been AWFUL!  When the withdrawals kick in, we shall see when the need for TRS kicks in.
Distance=4.0
Reaction:
I am basically immune to the pills.  I won't even notice a single day of missed doses.  Pills that very recently triggered a relapse are now non-factors.  I'm sticking with the current formula but see no need to go back to TMG or DIM.  As for the sugars/alcohol, even daily use will not be disastrous but it does cause intolerance to TRS, which remains my best hope for recovery.

11/23- AM- The withdrawal did hit and I needed the TRS.  It seems as though it is not as intense as in the past.  1 mile in 10:08.  That's awful but not too long ago, I'd be looking at 12-13 minutes at the worst stage of withdrawal.

PM- 2 miles at Montreat in 16:54 with another slight negative split.  Getting better from hour to hour.  Hope to go at least MLR tomorrow.
Distance=3.0

11/24- Lakeshore 4 in 37:48 (9:27 pace).  Pretty sorry excuse for a workout.  I'm disgusted and will take next week almost completely off to try to reset this.
Distance=4.0

-27 miles on the week.









No comments: