Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Training 1/20-1/26

Best news is that the TRS sensitivity has greatly diminished.  In fact, I'm close to declaring it gone.  The only thing that is bothering me now is forbidden drinks and I am betting that candida is the culprit.  I recently read that candida "hides behind toxic metals to ensure its survival."  Now that the toxic metals are out, the candida die off could be rough.

1/20- 1 mile sunrise run on the beach in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico.  Time was slow at 8:28 but I didn't care.  Sand was soft in some spots so it's not the best beach for a run.  Daytona wins that category.
Distance=1.0

1/21- I drank a Rum and Coke at the end of a long day yesterday (flight delay) and paid the price.  2 miles at Gold's in 19:56 (9:58 pace) with splits of 10:04-9:52.  I actually feared even worse than this.
Distance=2.0

1/22- 3 miles at Gold's in 28:46 (9:35 pace).  Improvement.  The 2nd day off sugar is often the worst and today was significantly better.  MINUS 23 and 50% longer distance.  I'll take it.  I'm doing all of this without pills or TRS.  I expect to be significantly better tomorrow.
Distance=3.0

1/23- 3 miles at Gold's again (rainy day) but my time is down to 25:45 (8:35 pace).  MINUS 60.  A significant improvement as expected.  If you look closer, the news is even better.  I ran the opening mile in 8:34, took 3 sprays of TRS and hit 2 miles at 17:10 for an 8:36 split.  Finally, I took the methylation pills and incredibly clocked an 8:35 split.

  So, after 3 days off ALL pills, I go back on them and it's THE DEFINITION OF A NON-FACTOR!  Just like I wanted!  Effort was very even too.  With the exception of mild pick up in the last 100 yards, I made no extra push to hit the splits nor did I hold back.  In theory, the sensitivity is GONE and all I have to do is avoid sugared drinks and I should be in the clear.  Again, this is IN THEORY!  I would like to add that avoiding sugar is easier said than done.  Because of the candida infection, I will crave it and 1 small slip up could lead to a full relapse.  Maybe I can finish a long or longish run this weekend.
Distance=3.0

1/24- 2 miles in 15:43 (7:51 pace).  Not a disaster but I was hoping for a little better than this.  Hoped to get close to 15.  Found that an 8 minute pace was difficult to hold with the exception of a fast start and fast finish.  Still an improvement over yesterday and likely near the Mendoza for 3 miles.
Distance=2.0

1/25- 8 miles in 75:52 (9:29 pace).  Good news is that I completed the planned distance for my longest run since October.  Bad news is that I just wasn't feeling it at all out there.  Early pace was around 9:15 but slowed considerably on the back half.  I figure that in a 13.1 mile race, I would have had to Gallo-walk and probably finish around 2:10ish.  3 weeks out from race day.  I've got a long way to go.  Got back home and felt considerably better after taking an ADHS pill.  That's okay.  I've REALLY not been diligent about taking that stuff lately.  I can most definitely get by off it for a few days and even several days off will not be a disaster.
Distance=8.0

1/26- Canterbury loop.  3.5 miles in 29:20 (8:23 pace).  Hilly route and despite the slowish pace, I still felt considerably better than yesterday.  I credit the ADHS.  No real complaints.  Held the pace well on the climbs but didn't gain much on the downhills.  Added a half mile cool on Jemison. 
Distance=4.0

-23 miles on the week.

No comments: