Monday, April 16, 2018

Training 4/16-4/22

4/16- 5 miles in 38:41 (7:44 pace).  Improvement over yesterday but I was hoping to be under 38 today.  Still feel a bit sluggish.  Good start but it was downhill early and my pace fell off to 8:00 by Mile 4 before bouncing back a bit at the end.  1st half- 19:07, 2nd half- 19:34.  I sure hope that 2 scoops of Sarcosine does the trick.  I'm at the concern stage now. If I have to cut it to 1, it's panic time.  If I can't tolerate it, I am doomed.
Distance=5.0

4/17- As I feared, the Sarcosine must be cut to 1 scoop.  Attempted a workout but quit after just 1 mile.
Distance=1.0

4/18- 3 miles at the Trak Shak in 25:14 (8:25 pace).  A little better than my usual day after relapse but not by much.  Words cannot describe how angry I am at this nightmarish pattern that repeats itself over and over again.  Yes, I was warned when I ordered Sarcosine that I may have to reduce the dose to prevent negative effects.  This may be only temporary.  If Sarcosine is not taken at all, 100 percent of the pre-glycine symptoms that I had will return with a vengeance probably within just a couple of days.  If Sarcosine is not tolerated at that point, it's all over.

I really don't think the sugars have anything to do with this but I'm starting clean again after I get back from my trip.  Then I will see if the tolerance improves.  According to the company, the full benefits are realized within 6 months so if I am not doing consistently well by the Fall, I'm done.
Distance=3.0

4/19- Mood was good most of the day but I started fading by the afternoon.  Still, I managed to improve upon yesterday.  4 miles on Jemison in 32:24 (8:06 pace) with hills.  I did not take any Sarcosine this morning and the old symptoms have already begun.  My focus now is to enjoy my trip and THEN figure this out once and for all.
Distance=4.0

4/20- Took the full day off work so I could run in the morning and have plenty of time to catch my flight to Brownsville.  I was determined to finish a double digit run no matter how ugly it got.  It certainly was not pretty but I did manage to go 10 on Lakeshore in a time of 88:40 (8:52 pace).  Held the pace around 9 for most of the back half and never did have a good pace early.  This is probably worth about a 1:57 for a half mary.  At the moment, 1 scoop of Sarcosine just is not enough to achieve the desired results but I can't tolerate more than that.  It is possible that tolerance will develop in time and it's possible that cleaning up the diet will make a difference.  For now, my focus is the trip to Mexico and South Padre.
Distance=10.0

4/21- Planned rest day.  Visited Mexico then got to South Padre by mid afternoon and took a dip.

4/22- 2 mile junk run on the beach.  Finished in 15:56 (7:58 pace).  Negative split (8:10-7:46) but I was pushing pretty hard at the end.
Distance=2.0

-25 miles on the week.

No comments: