Sunday, May 12, 2019

Detox and Prognosis Part 2

As of now, if I was to race on a good day, the results would be around the following:
Mile- 7:00
5K- mid-high 24
10K- low-mid 52
Half- 1:57 (on a flat course)
  That's roughly 2 minutes slower per mile across the board than my all time best and still a full 1 minute per mile slower than my post-35 best times.  The longer the distance, the uglier it gets.  Still, the 1:58 in Rhode Island was encouraging.  My split at 8 miles was almost exactly the same as it was in Iowa where I finished in 2:06.  I made up 8 minutes over the last 5 miles (1:40 per mile).  This rate of improvement cannot continue because I don't have the room for it anymore.  My slowest mile in Rhode Island was just 22 seconds off my average pace.  Seattle is 4 weeks away and I figure that if I can run a 1:55, that would be a very good showing.

Yes, I do expect that my speed will eventually come back with time especially if I am consistent with the training.  However, as I have repeated over and over again, slower times is a trade that I am willing to make IF I can avoid the horrible days.  Problem is, that is not happening.  2 out of the last 3 weekends, I died in Mile 3 of my long run and was worthless for the rest of the weekend.  COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE OUTCOME!  Both times, it was the detox products that caused the problem but after a couple of days off it, my body demanded it again.  It is imperative that the detox products be taken.  My life depends on it.  If left untreated, my organs will eventually fail.

Why the relapses?  The theory is that I am peeling off layers of toxins and bringing even more dangerous toxic stuff up to the surface.  I'm afraid that I will simply have to deal with days like that until the toxins are removed.  I'll just have to hope that it doesn't happen on race day.  Is there anything that I can do to prevent it?

I'm not going to mess with the DIM and Maca anymore.  As of now, I get a small boost on it when I am tolerating the TRS but it's not night and day so I don't believe I need it.  I hope that if I just stick with the TRS, at the very least, the detox reactions will not be as severe.  I tried moly and Charcoal and don't think it made any difference.  Sugar and caffeine also don't seem to make a difference but I am still well advised to avoid it.  About 4 days before a race day, I will take 2 days off the TRS so my system will need it on the big day.

No comments: