Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Training 5/6-5/12

5/6- Planned rest day

5/7- 2 days after a half marathon, I expected to be a bit sore and was not expecting much.  Easy 3.5 on Canterbury in 30:50 (8:48 pace) plus a half mile cool.  Even pace but I could feel a fade coming if I had continued.  All is still okay.
Distance=4.0

5/8- Trak Shak 3 mile loop in 23:56 (7:59 pace).  Better than yesterday but I still don't feel good about this one.  I was nearly all out at the end and barely made it under the Mendoza line.  In a 5K race, I'd be over 24 for sure and probably closer to 25.  I've got a LONG way to go.
Distance=3.0

5/9- Gold's 5 in 42:20 (8:28 pace).  Not too bad.  1st half-21:17, 2nd half-21:03.  Found a good rhythm early in Mile 3 and held it to the finish.  Felt that I could have gone several additional miles at this pace.  This is 1:50:xx half marathon pace.
Distance=5.0

5/10- Reverse Lakeshore 4 in 33:08 (8:17 pace).  No complaints about this one.  I was out faster (8:04) then deliberately slowed to the low 8:20s the rest of the way to save my strength for the weekend.  Unsure if I will go long tomorrow.  The weather looks very iffy right now and it is supposed to clear out by Sunday afternoon.
Distance=4.0

5/11- Another failed long run and once again, the detox products were the culprit.  Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening so often?  Maybe take a day or two off them every week?  At any rate, I showed no sign of any issues yesterday but today was an entirely different story.  I was a little sluggish early but was able to hit the planned paces.  Came through 2.5 miles right around 22 flat (8:48 pace) then collapsed.  Walk/jogged the last 1.5 going back and that took me over 20 minutes.
Distance=4.0

5/12-AM- Junk intervals at Montreat.
Opener- 3:52 (11:36 pace)
After a sugared drink- 3:48 (11:24 pace) While not good for me, it is highly unlikely that is the problem.  I'm afraid that I will just have to deal with occasional days like this until further notice.
After a storm- 3:26 (10:18 pace).  I bet that I will continue to improve through tomorrow afternoon, then my system will once again demand the TRS.

PM- 2 miles at Montreat (6 laps) and my time was down to 17:48 (8:54 pace).  This was only 6 hours after I could not do better than 10 minute pace for just 1 lap.  It won't be long until I demand the TRS again.  Probably it will happen by tomorrow morning.
Distance=3.0

-23 miles on the week.  YTD-433

No comments: