Monday, May 20, 2019

Training 5/20-5/26

5/20- Showed little improvement.  3 miles at Gold's in 28:28 (9:29 pace).  Fairly even splits.  I've become intolerance to glycine and methyl folate and once again, it is because they contain sulfur.  OUCH!  All I can tolerate now is the TRS, ADHS, Magnesium, B-complex and the CBS/NOS.
Distance=3.0

5/21- AM- Paid the price for last night's methyl folate and glycine.  Just 1 lap at Montreat in 3:51 (11:33 pace) and I had seen enough.

PM- Began feeling better in the afternoon and showed some improvement over yesterday.  Repeated the Gold's 3 and my time is down to 26:51 (8:57 pace).  Slowed considerably after the 1st quarter mile but held the pace around 9 the rest of the way and did not need a kick to finish under 9 overall.  Added a 2 lap cool.  Nearly 24 hours after taking the bad stuff.  Tomorrow is big.
Distance=3.5

5/22-AM- Split decision today.  Good news is that at least so far, my system has not demanded the methylation.  Same 3 mile as yesterday evening and my time improved to 25:42 (8:34 pace).  Splits were 8:27-8:35-8:40 so in what has become a trend in the past few days, the negative splits are gone.  Instead, it is the expected gradual fade.  MINUS 23 is a pretty solid improvement in just over 12 hours.  I figure that I need to be sub-24:00 (Mendoza line) at this distance to have a shot at a sub-2 in Seattle.

Bad news is that I hurt myself after the run by eating a protein bar for breakfast.  Again, it indirectly raised the sulfur load.  I will be worthless until tomorrow afternoon.  In the last 2 weeks, I have become intolerant to Maca, DIM, NAC, Taurine, Methylfolate, glycine and now protein.
Distance=3.0

5/23- AM- Forbidden protein is not all the way out.  Montreat Mile in 9:42

PM- Gold's 3 in 24:39 (8:13 pace).  MINUS 21.  Steady progress.  Just 13 above the Mendoza line.  I can get under it tomorrow barring another relapse.
Distance=4.0

5/24- Got off to a decent start but faded early and was reduced to a walk/jog before the end of Mile 1.  I am now intolerant to ALL treatments except for the TRS.  Now or never!
Distance=1.5

5/25- Day trip to Tennessee.  I knew that I could not run long so I made the best of it.

5/26- AM- Planned to go 10 no matter how long it took.  I was dead after 1.5 then turned around.  Finished 3 miles in 30:48 (10:16 pace).  Started off at 9:30 pace but slipped to 11:20 at the end.

PM- Repeated the 3 mile distance this time at Gold's.  Time was down to 26:51 (8:57 pace) but it took a rally in the last half mile to get under 9 minute pace.  Still a big improvement.
Distance=6.0

-21 miles on the week.  YTD-472

No comments: