Monday, June 17, 2019

Training 6/17-6/23

6/17- Gold's 2 in 19:30 (9:45 pace).  Slight negative split but still struggled big time.  It will just take time for the Sarcosine to kick back in.  Perhaps this is the last such episode.  I have a good feeling that the DIM and Maca (last 2 pills to be re-introduced) will be non-factors.
Distance=2.0

6/18- Gold's 4 in 35:52 (8:58 pace).  MINUS 47 over twice the distance.  Okay with this one.  First half was 17:23, 2nd half- 18:29.  The fade was almost certainly due to not taking enough Sarcosine.  That will kick in further down the road.  I expect to be better tomorrow as well.
Distance=4.0

6/19- Repeated yesterday's workout for the sake of consistency.  Finished this one in 33:48 (8:27 pace)  MINUS 31.  Steady progress.  Did much better in holding the pace as well.  Splits were 16:52-16:56.  I am almost certain that I forgot to take the CBS/NOS today so that means I can get by without it.  YES!  Soon, I will be able to get by without the Sarcosine.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=4.5

6/20- I've gone 2 weeks without a day off the TRS.  That is the limit.  I must go off it for 36 hours at least once every 10-14 days.  Today was a TOTAL failure.  I wanted a light interval workout this morning but knew warming up that it wasn't to be.  Quit after a half mile.

PM- Got home to find that the DIM has arrived but not the MACA.  Tried the DIM and as expected, it does appear to be tolerated.  In fact, it was beneficial.  Without-3:06.  With it- 2:50 plus a lap cool.  I expect Maca will also be tolerated.
Distance=1.5

6/21- Gold's 2 mile in 18:18 (9:09 pace).  This was done without any pills.  The need for TRS has kicked in and whenever that happens I normally take a rest day but I needed to pad the mileage with a junk run today.  Even splits.
Distance=2.0

6/22- Long run FAIL.  This time, I didn't even attempt it.  The MACA did come and as has happened with the other pills, there was no immediate reaction but that next morning, I felt like I got hit by a truck.  DIM wasn't a factor.  I was actually marginally better with it.  The MACA?  OUCH!  If the script goes as expected, I will NEED MACA by tomorrow afternooon.

PM- Getting some clearance from excess Maca.  Montreat Mile in 9:37.  1st half was an abysmal 5:09 but the 2nd half was a decidedly less horrific 4:28 so I was sub-9 on the back half.  Not sure how I will feel in the morning tomorrow but I have a good idea of what will happen by the afternoon.
Distance=2.0

6/23-AM- The need for Maca kicked in earlier than expected.  Could not run at all without it.  Over 4:00 (12:00 pace).  Popped half a pill and improved to a 3:26 (10:18 pace).  Popped another full pill and was all the way down to a 2:23 (7:09 pace).  MINUS THREE OH NINE!!  BECAUSE OF ONE EFFING PILL THAT CAUSED THE OPPOSITE REACTION JUST YESTERDAY!!!  Assuming the script goes as expected, the gaps in performances will diminish and by the end of next week, I will be able to get by without it. This means that I have successfully re-introduced all the pills that I had been taking before the TRS.  IN THEORY, this is the end of it.  BUT knowing my history, it will be no surprise if there is another missing piece.

PM- I was okay over 1/3 of a mile this morning but not surprisingly struggled over longer distances.  Did 2 miles on Canterbury out and back in 18:52 (9:26 pace)with a late rally to get under 19.  UGLY!
Distance=3.0

-19 miles on the week.  NOT ENOUGH!
YTD-560

No comments: